Sculpture & Modelling
We love Super Sculpey and are happy to share and talk about techniques that we've used on our own maquettes that we proudly display in-store.
We also sell plaster of paris, Fimo, brush on latex, Flexwax, Sculptamold, Klean Klay, Plasteline, Alginate, Jovi modelling paste, Abbot's Red Clay, and Gypsoma Plaster Bandages. We stock a variety of modelling tools for sculpting, woodcut and linocuts.
- Amaco Carving Wax NZD $29.95 Carve delicate or detailed sculptures with this fine textured wax. Though hard, it carves very easily with a knife, tools and utensils, and can be finished to a glass like surface. Melt in a double boiler to reshape before sculpting or fuse multiple pieces together for larger projects. Finished pieces can be used as a master to produce multiple copies. Resealable package with lid. In a 1 lb. block.... more »
- Pinkysil Putty NZD $39.95 Flexible impression silicone. Fast setting, 2 part with equal mix ratio. Easy to use. 200gram... more »
- NSP Sulphur-Free Plasteline NSP (Non Sulfurated Plasteline) NSP is a line of professional, sulfur free sculpting clays. Replacing sulphur minimizes difficulties associated to mold making with silicone rubber. NSP can be melted and poured at approximately 185°F Available in medium and hard. 2 pounds (906g)... more »
- Roma Plastilina Roma Plastilina is considered by many to be the world’s finest modeling material. It is permanently pliable. The soft is extremely pliable and is used for making large sculptures–it is easily scraped from molds. The medium grade (#2) is generally used for portrait heads, busts, and figure work. Medium grade is easy to work with and is the most popular consistency.... more »
- Premo! Sculpey Modeling Clay 1 Pound Premo! Sculpey is firmer than Sculpey III, and extremely durable when baked! From the makers of other Sculpey clays, it's a premium line of polymer clay. Designed especially to satisfy the needs of the artist, Premo! comes in a palette of vibrant colors modeled after those of oil paints. Beautiful used as is, they can also be mixed with other polymer clays, powders, or pigments for custom effects. Perfect for everything from sculpture, bead making, unique wearable art, and molds, to rubber stamping and home décor, Premo! is ready-to-use straight from the package. Smooth and pliable, it's easy to knead, yet stays firm enough for detailed work without crumbling. Oven baking hardens your creations, yet they remain flexible and durable, harder to break than those made with other clays.... more »
- Premo! Sculpey Modeling Clay 8 ounce
- Fimo Professional Clay Extruder Set NZD $45.00 Easy-to-use clay extruder for all unhardened modeling clays. The crank ensures ergonomic comfortable and effortless rotation. High-quality design and easy to clean.... more »
- Fimo Professional Drill and Smoothing Tool NZD $19.95 The drill on this tool is 2.5mm and 40mm in length. It is made of stainless steel and is rustproof. The drill is ideal for making holes in hardened clay e.g. beads. The smoothing tool is especially suitable to smooth raw materials, to cut off modeling clay and to accentuate raised designs. Easy to clean. ... more »
- Fimo Professional Needle and V-Tool NZD $19.95 This tool has a rustproof needle tip made of stainless steel. Ideal for making holes in beads, to smooth and model fine details and patterns, as well as to pick up and attach small clay parts. V-tool has a 60 degree angle and is 40mm in length. Ideal for carving to define areas and to cut regular grooves. Easy to clean. ... more »
- Fimo Professional Ball Tool NZD $19.95 This tool has 2 different balls made of chrome-plated carbon steel, 1.5mm & 8mm. Ideal for shaping soft modeling clay e.g. shaping hollows, arches or eye sockets. Suitable for various applications and modeling fine details. Easy to clean.... more »
- Fimo Professional Clay Shaper NZD $19.95 This Clay Shaper has an extra firm silicon, taper point and flat chisel for precise sculpting and shaping of modeling clay. Easy to clean.... more »
- Armature Wire Coil, bend, wrap and manipulate this light-weight and fully pliable aluminum alloy wire into any shape. Perfect for creating an internal support structure for clay or wax sculpture or to be used alone as wire sculpture. The wire will not corrode or stain, and has a melting point of 1220 degrees F/660 degrees C.... more »
- Smooth-On EpoxAcast 690 NZD $115.30 Out of Stock EpoxAcast® 690 is a UV Resistant clear casting epoxy that is ideal for making clear jewelry/beads or replacement lenses for kit cars and other applications requiring a rigid, clear finished product. EpoxAcast® 690 is also suitable for making clear molds and prototype parts. Clear castable epoxy - MIX RATIO: 100A: 30B; POT LIFE: 5 hours; CURE TIME: 24 hours; COLOR: Clear 2.6lbs... more »
- Easy Cast NZD $73.95
- Crystal Clear 202 Water-Clear Liquid Resin NZD $112.95 Out of Stock Crystal Clear® resins are unique water clear plastics that have been used for years to create spectacular display castings, prototype models, lenses, ice effects for movies and much more. Cured plastic is hard, durable and UV resistant. .88KG... more »
- Smooth-Cast 305 NZD $79.95 Smooth-Cast (Easy to Cast) plastics are ultra-low viscosity resins that yield castings that are bright white or off-white. Vacuum degassing is not necessary and they offer the convenience of a 1:1 mis ratio. Fully cured castings are machinable and paintable. Smooth-Cast 305 has a 7 minute pot life and a 30 minute demold time. .86KG ... more »
- Smooth-Cast 300 NZD $79.95 Smooth-Cast (Easy to Cast) plastics are ultra-low viscosity resins that yield castings that are bright white or off-white. Vacuum degassing is not necessary and they offer the convenience of a 1:1 mis ratio. Fully cured castings are machinable and paintable. Smooth-Cast 300 has a 3 minute pot life and a 10 minute demold time. .86KG... more »
- Celluclay Instant Papeir Mache NZD $22.50 No more mixing paste and cutting strips of paper– simply add water for a great sculpting medium that is completely non-toxic and safe. Celluclay will adhere to almost any surface and can be sawed, sanded or nailed when dry. Dries to a gray color 1lb.... more »
- Permastone Casting Compound NZD $17.95 This plaster-like casting compound dries to be super-hard. Ideal for projects that require break-resistant casting. It can be finished with oils, acrylics, watercolors, poster colors, etc. In a 28oz. can.... more »
- Plaster Wrap NZD $24.40 PlasterWrap is super lightweight and incredibly strong to provide the ultimate "shell" foundation for every model project. It conforms the the most intricate terrain details and dries rock-hard in minutes. 8" x 15 feet.... more »
- Plaster of Paris 2kg NZD $9.90
- Gypsona Plaster Bandage 10cm x 3.5Metre NZD $6.20 Gypsona is a premium quality plaster bandage and is the preferred brand by most experienced lifecasters for its creaminess and smoothness.... more »
- Amaco Sculptamold 3Lb NZD $28.70 This white, non-toxic, cellulose-based compound combines the best features of clay, plaster, and papier maché. Sculptamold is lightweight like papier maché, but it does not shrink. It models and casts like clay, and sets up hard like plaster in about 30 minutes. Cast it in molds made of rubber, plastic, plaster, or even sand. It can be worked with tools, or by hand. While wet, it adheres to almost any clean surface, including glass. It can be applied to an armature, or over any core, without cracking or shrinkage. Apply wet material over dry to add finishing details. Cure the finished piece by allowing it to air dry for several days. The curing process can be speeded up in a low oven. Sculptamold dries exceptionally white, with a matte finish. Once it is dry, Sculptamold can be sawed, sanded, smoothed, carved, or nailed. Surfaces can be decorated with any paint. Sculptamold is not waterproof, but a finished piece can be made water resistant with clear lacquer, v... more »
- Silicon Pigment Pigment suitable for silicone rubber. 50gram jar... more »
- ComposiMold Reuseable Molding Material When melted this molding material is 100% reusable. Many casts can be made using the same mold. It is a great material for artists who want to learn and become more involved in sculpting, modeling and mold making without the worry of mistakes or wasting material. This flexible, rubbery thermoplastic is great for small mold parts that require a stiffer mold making material. It is compatible with many different casting materials including clays, plaster, cement, epoxy, polyurethane and many others.... more »
- Setting You Up for Success!: Mold Making and Casting Guide NZD $59.95 This 114-page book makes it easy to learn how to make molds from plastic, plaster, chocolate and more. It is filled with step-by-step instructions starting with simple one-part molds then continuing on to two-part molds and castings. The book guides artists through the basics of creating molds and casts with ComposiMold. It includes instructions for over 30 creative projects.... more »
- ComposiMold Bubble Buster 6 ounce NZD $19.95 Bubble Buster is a PVA mixture that reduces bubble formation when mold making. It works by reducing the surface tension so the bubbles rise up and away from the mold surface. To use, simply spray the original part with Bubble Buster after applying a mold release. Pour ComposiMold over the original part to make the mold. Bubble Buster is not intended for use in the mold for the casting process.... more »
- PoYo Putty 40 NZD $132.95 Out of Stock Poyo™ putty is a two-component, tin-cure silicone putty that can be applied "on-site"--directly to almost any model; capturing the finest detail and curing within minutes. PoYo™ Putty has been used to make molds of valuable antiques and archeological models and can be used to make fast molds of sculpture, prototypes, candles, picture frames, coins, etc. You can cast wax, gypsum and a variety of resins into PoYo™Putty molds.... more »
- Mold Builder Use this liquid latex rubber for making three-dimensional molds. Simply brush several thin coats on an object you wish to duplicate and peel off a ready-to-use mold. It cleans up quickly with water. Mold Builder can be used for casting candle wax, plaster and resin. ... more »
- Krylon Looking Glass Finish 6oz NZD $29.95 Transforms clear glass into a highly-reflective, mirror-like surface. Decorative, durable and easy to use. Just spray on reverse side of glass. Fast drying. 6oz This item cannot be delivered to rural delivery addresses ... more »
- Sculpey Glazes Protect projects and give them a glossy or satin finish with this glaze. It can be used before or after baking and will not peel. May be thinned with water.... more »
- Fimo Gold Powder NZD $14.00 Apply powder to unhardened FIMO with a brush. After hardening, fix with varnish. Powder can also be stirred into the varnish.... more »
- Fimo Silver Powder NZD $14.00 Apply powder to unhardened FIMO with a brush. After hardening, fix with varnish. Powder can also be stirred into the varnish.... more »
How to buy
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (North Shore): $5.50 per order *
- Shorthaul (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.