Like so many of our lines, we also carry the full gamut of canvases and supports.
If you like to stretch your own canvas, we offer Art Spectrum stretcher bars and sell medium weight, primed, Fredrix and Indian Cotton canvas by the yard. We can also provide you with linen. If you don't see what you want, we will source to suit your requirements.
We also stock untempered hardboard (i.e. Masonite) and can make up Custom box-framed hardboard, in almost any size.
Our in-store prestretched primed canvas range include: Museum, Winsor & Newton, Fredrix Panels and Pads, and our Takapuna stretched canvas line made in New Zealand with imported American fine tooth canvas and New Zealand kiln dried pine. Inquire about our bulk canvas rates.
- Fredrix Mixed Media Paint Boards$18.95-$44.95Fredrix Mixed Media Paint Boards are made with cotton canvas mounted on 100% NatureCore; a blend of vegetable-based and recycled materials. The painting surface is archival 100% cotton. Pre-primed with acid-free titanium acrylic gesso, these lightweight and durable boards are great for plein air painting.4 items
- Tasart Circular Canvas$110.90-$339.95Made in New Zealand, these artist-primed, round canvases are stretched on 35mm circular stretchers and have a fine cotton weave.5 items
If you don't see the size you require, please contact us for a quote. Please note, 40" is the largest canvas we can provide.
- Tasart Canvas Light Weight$20.20-$85.90New Zealand made using 8oz. fine weave cotton duck, and stretched onto 20mm stretcher bars made from kiln dried pine.16 items
- Tasart Canvas Heavy Duty$12.50-$87.60New Zealand made using 8oz. fine weave cotton duck, and stretched onto 20mm stretcher bars made from kiln dried pine.29 items
- Museum Canvas Heavy Duty$49.00-$310.90New Zealand made, Museum Stretched Canvases are made with 1.5" deep x 2" wide kiln-dried plantation pine bars. The Canvas is a medium, primed cotton. All canvases are hand stretched with neat corners and extra canvas on the back so the canvas can be restretched at a later date if required.37 items
Sizes are in inches
- DAS Studio 3/4" Canvas$5.40-$33.7014 items
- DAS Exhibition 1.5" Canvas$8.10-$46.2010 items
- DAS 1.5" Professional Heavy Duty Canvas$18.60-$112.3010 items
- Fredrix Archival Oil Primed Linen Canvas Panel$24.60-$78.70Fredrix Archival Oil Primed Belgian Linen Canvas Board is a professional grade, archival painting surface with medium texture linen mounted on an acid-free, rigid, non-warping hardboard. It is hand primed the old fashioned way, over glue sizing. This is the orignal method used for hundreds of years, and preferred by artists worldwide. For oil paint only.6 items
- Fredrix Pro Series Archival Linen Canvas Panel$14.80-$42.50Fredrix Archival 100% Belgian Linen Canvas Board is a professional grade, archival painting surface with medium texture canvas mounted on an acid-free, rigid, non-warping hardboard. Good for acrylic and oil paints.6 items
- Fredrix Pro Series Archival Canvas Panel$10.10-$26.80Fredrix Archival 12 ounce Dixie Cotton Canvas Board is a professional grade, archival painting surface with medium texture canvas mounted on an acid free, rigid, non-warping hardboard. Good for acrylic, oils and mixed media.6 items
- Fredrix Canvas Panels$3.70-$38.40The closely woven fine artist canvas, prepared by sizing and priming with the most durable materials available. The surface texture provides a very definite paint-gripping “tooth” with minimum vehicle absorption, providing a perfect painting support.24 items
- Fredrix Universal Canvas Roll 53"$113.80-$250.00A popular medium weight cotton duck with an even texture.2 items
- Fredrix Universal Canvas Roll 61" x 30yard$1,367.80A popular medium weight cotton duck with an even texture.
- Fredrix Yankee Canvas Roll 73"$299.95-$1,299.00A strong, medium-weight cotton duck with excellent tooth. Excellent canvas for murals and larger paintings.2 items
- Fredrix Yankee Canvas 73" x 1yard$43.30A strong, medium-weight cotton duck with excellent tooth. Excellent canvas for murals and larger paintings.
- Fredrix Universal Canvas 61" x 1yard$31.70A popular medium weight cotton duck with an even texture.
- Phoenix Canvas Pads$11.80-$30.00The Phoenix Canvas Pad is a student grade 100% cotton canvas, suitable to oil and acrylic painting.3 items
Each pad contains 10 sheets
- Fredrix Canvas Pads$17.60-$89.95Fredrix Canvas Pads contain genuine artist canvas, primed and ready for use with any medium.4 items
Each pad contains 10 sheets.
- Heavy Duty Stretchers$7.00-$76.40Made from selected, kiln-dried plantation pine. This profile is especially suited for larger, unframed work. "Positive stop" corner for easy assembly. Slot and tenon corners.27 items
Bracing slots are provided on all sizes from 30" and above. Single braces are recommended for stretchers 36" and over in one direction. Cross bracing is recommended for stretchers 36" and over in two directions.
Stretcher Bars are priced as pairs. 32mm depth.
- Heavy Duty Single Braces$3.20-$18.8021 items
- Heavy Duty Cross Braces$14.10-$223.5022 items
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.