- Artistic Anatomy$49.95Translated and edited by Robert Beverly Hale, this book is the most complete guide to achieving precise shapes for the forms of the human body.
- Oil Painting Secrets from a Master$59.90Artist and teacher, David Lefel from the Art Students League shares his secrets for making professional quality paintings in this 144-page, paperback book. Topics covered include massing values, chiaroscuro, color and value and handling edges.
- Lessons in Classical Drawing$59.95Juliette Aristides
Ateliers have produced the greatest artists of all time, and now that educational model is experiencing a renaissance. The classical Atelier art training method is based on the nineteenth-century model of teaching artists by pairing them with a master artist over a period of years. Students begin by copying masterworks, then gradually progress to painting as their skills develop. This book presents the works of Old Masters and today’s most respected realist artists to demonstrate and teach the principles of realist drawing and painting, taking students step by step through the learning curve yet allowing them to work at their own pace.
- Dynamic Wrinkles And Drapery$47.90Out of StockBurne Hogarth bases this book on his theory that understanding how the body moves is key to rendering clothing. Through examining and studying 200 of his black and white illustrations of clothed male and female figures, learn how to accurately depict wrinkles, folds and drapery including bend wrinkles, crossing wrinkles, compression wrinkles, flying wrinkles and passive wrinkles. Each illustration is accompanied by a brief description and instructions for drawing.
- Dynamic Figure Drawing$43.90Out of StockThis book introduces the author's own revolutionary system of figure drawing -a system which makes it possible to visualize the forms of the human body from every conceivable point of view as they interlock in deep space. With this system you will be able to draw an incredible variety of poses, actions, and gestures without a model, and with the correct relationships between forms.
- Drawing The Human Head$43.90Out of StockIn a dramatic series of 300 extra ordinary drawing and diagrams, Burne Hogarth masterfully analyzes the basic structure, proportions, and anatomy of the the human head. He carefully delineates the precise form and musculature of every facial feature; he outline wrinkle patterns and demonstrates how to draw the human head from every angle. Step-by-step, he clearly explains how to age the face year by year, from birth to old age.
- Drawing Dynamic Hands$44.95Aspiring comic artists and illustrators will definitely benefit from adding this title to their bookshelves. Drawing on the expertise of Burne Hogarth, the author and creator of the Tarzan character, this paperback book teaches how to render the movement of human hands. Included are 300 black and white illustrations which enhance the instructions.
- Drawing Animals$43.90Out of StockWith the aid of black and white illustrations, this paperback book teaches you how to draw many kinds of wild and domestic animals. Details of surface anatomy, skeletons, muscles and action poses are all included.
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.