- Matisse Fluid AcrylicsMatisse Fluid Acrylics, have a very smooth, runny but slightly dense viscosity. Being highly pigmented, the colours will appear dark and intense on initial application but can be spread easily with a brush or mixed with water to reveal the colour graduation. The intensity of the colour is what makes Matisse Fluid ideal for tinting. the consistency allows precise drop-by-drop addition to any of the Matisse range of acrylic paints and the precise ratio of tint to paint can be easily replicated. 135ml bottle35 items
- Matisse 75mlMatisse Structure Formula is a rich impasto acrylic paint that is the preferred choice of professional artists. The intense, vibrant colours of the Structure Formula paints cover the full colour spectrum, including several uniquely Australian colours. Each colour is fully compatible with the range of Matisse Mediums working together to create a highly versatile painting system for all artists.94 items
- Matisse 250mlMatisse Structure Formaula is a rich impasto acrylic paint that is the preferred choice of professional artists. The intense, vibrant colours of the Structure Formula paints cover the full colour spectrum, including several uniquely Australian colours. Each colour is fully compatible with the range of Matisse Mediums working together to create a highly versatile painting system for all artists.34 items
- Matisse 1LitreMatisse Structure Formaula is a rich impasto acrylic paint that is the preferred choice of professional artists. The intense, vibrant colours of the Structure Formula paints cover the full colour spectrum, including several uniquely Australian colours. Each colour is fully compatible with the range of Matisse Mediums working together to create a highly versatile painting system for all artists.2 items
- Matisse Landscape Set$193.10This set provides all the colours that you as the artist need to create a great landscape. Rich vibrant browns provide the perfect company for the array of greens and yellows to create the ideal foreground, while the addition of Titanium White will allow you to create the low-key backgrounds regularly employed in landscape painting. The Matisse highly pigmented Phthalo Blue will provide a great base for the skies, and will give you even more range in your colour choices.
- Matisse Portrait Set$193.10This set includes the colours traditionally used by painters. Some of these colours have been enhanced purely for portrait painting. For example, the often used Raw Sienna has been superseded by a purpose developed Skin Tone Mid which will allow further mixing and development of colours than would be possible with a traditional Raw Sienna. Yellow Oxide and Matisse Red Light in the set allows you to bring vibrancy to the brightest areas of colour within the face, for the ears, cheeks, nose and lips. Together with the inclusion of the brilliant Phthalo Green all eye colour are achievable. With the strength of the colour in this set, mixed with Titanium White, you will achieve the perfect highlight colour for the forehead area of your portraits. In the case of darker flesh tones, mix a touch of Ultramarine Blue.
- Matisse Sampler Set of 12 (12ml tubes)$61.60This set contains the warm and cool primary colours you need to start painting. Included is a selection of unique and useful colours which will help you with your portrait, landscape or abstract work.
- Matisse Primary Set$193.10This Primary Set gives you all the colours you need to use a split primary colour mixing palette. With a little knowledge of bias colour mixing and a choice of warm and cool primary colours, bright vibrant secondary and tertiary colours will be easily mixed. The addition of Mars Black and Titanium White to the set allows for a huge range of tonal shades of these mixes as required.
Save 20% on Matisse Sets
- Matisse Intro Set$103.00An excellent set to get you started. The three primary colours in this set have been especially selected to give a huge range of clean and bright secondary and tertiary colours. Use Titanium White to develop form and shape through tonal changes.
- Matisse Mm29 Satin Varnish (turps-based)2 items
- Matisse Mm15 Matt Varnish (turps-based)2 items
- Matisse Mm14 Hi-Gloss Varnish (turps-based)2 items
- Matisse Mm17 250ml Patina (Oil)$24.80This product available on 'Special Order, only.
- Matisse Mm28 Polymer Satin Varnish$34.60MM28 Polymer Satin Varnish is used as a final varnish over a dried, well-cured acrylic painting when a satin or very mid level sheen is required (and the use of MM29 Satin Varnish(turps-based) is not appropriate).Polymer water-based varnishes may appear to be slightly hazy whilst in solution. This is an optical effect produced by light refraction of acrylic particles suspended within the water-based medium. The effect disappears when the film is dry. As acrylics dry very rapidly, care should be taken to apply varnish pre-diluted with water. Polymer Varnish, applied in very thick layers on a hot day, could trap moisture,resulting in a cloudy film which would be very difficult to correct.
- Matisse MM31 Open Medium$34.60Mix with Matisse Structure to slow drying time. Optimal for painting outdoors or in particularly hot weather, MM31 Open Medium allows the paint to be blended on the painting surface for longer. Artists will be delighted with the way this medium makes their paint handle, so smooth and buttery. Be surprised by the glowing satin finish that this medium imparts to the paints. 250ml
- Matisse Mm9 Painting MediumPure acrylic binder is used in formulating Matisse and acts as the principal paint diluent when not using water. Acrylic painting medium with its low sheen and good adhesion make it a suitable transparent primer or surface conditioner for canvas, paper or board, Use Acrylic painting medium to increase binding capacity when reducing paint with water.2 items
- Matisse Mm8 Spreader MediumSpreader Medium is a water soluble paint lubricant with unusual flow characteristics and strong moisture retention properties. It dries to a clear, transparent finish and is most useful in glazing techniques.2 items
- Matisse Mm7 Poly Gloss Varnish2 items
- Matisse Mm6 Poly Matte VarnishThis is a varnish which dries to a flat (matt) finish. It should be pre-diluted with water in order to achieve good brush control. The addition of water will also assist in levelling of the varnish and slow down its rapid drying effect. Polymer Matt Varnish is a non-yellowing pure acrylic resin suspended in water. It dries to a touch, pliable, water resistant film.2 items
- Matisse Mm5 Matte MediumA water-resistant, quick drying, flexible binder which dries to a flat "matt" finish. Contains selected materials which counteract the low sheen of pure Matisse Acrylic Colours.2 items
- Matisse Mm4 Gel MediumGel Medium is a thick buttery acrylic gel which when mixed with Matisse Acrylic Colours will result in a rich high gloss textured glaze. Over artwork or prints it will dry completely transparent, and non-yellowing, if applied in layers no thicker than 3mm resulting in a textured or brush stroke finish. Used on glass it will give a clear finish while distorting the view through the glass.2 items
- Matisse Mm26 Transparent GessoMatisse Transparent Gesso may be used by itself to give a translucent (not clear) under-painting primer with excellent tooth. It has been formulated to be mixed with Matisse Background Colours to give the perfect balance of "tooth" for supports such as canvas, paper and wood and for over-painting acrylic, watercolour, oils and alkyds. It has been especially formulated as a high tooth primer for pastel, oil pastel, charcoal and graphite. It is non-yellowing and flexible.2 items
- Matisse Mm24 Iridescent Medium2 items
- Matisse Mm25 Black Gesso3 items
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.