Sculpture & Modelling
We love Super Sculpey and are happy to share and talk about techniques that we've used on our own maquettes that we proudly display in-store.
We also sell plaster of paris, Fimo, brush on latex, Flexwax, Sculptamold, Klean Klay, Plasteline, Alginate, Jovi modelling paste, Abbot's Red Clay, and Gypsoma Plaster Bandages. We stock a variety of modelling tools for sculpting, woodcut and linocuts.
- ImPRESSive Re-Usable Putty$20.70-$138.00ImPRESSive Putty (ReMold Putty) requires no mixing or weighing. It is Eco-Friendly, Re-Usable, and Microwaveable too! Just press the object you want to duplicate into the molding putty or press the ImPRESSive Putty onto your object. It works like silicone molding putty, just better.4 items
- NSP Sulphur-Free Plasteline$35.95NSP (Non Sulfurated Plasteline) NSP is a line of professional, sulfur free sculpting clays. Replacing sulphur minimizes difficulties associated to mold making with silicone rubber. NSP can be melted and poured at approximately 185°F Available in medium and hard. 2 pounds (906g)2 items
- Roma Plastilina $39.95Roma Plastilina is considered by many to be the world’s finest modeling material. It is permanently pliable. The soft is extremely pliable and is used for making large sculptures–it is easily scraped from molds. The medium grade (#2) is generally used for portrait heads, busts, and figure work. Medium grade is easy to work with and is the most popular consistency.2 items
- Premo! Sculpey Modeling Clay 1 Pound$37.50Premo! Sculpey is firmer than Sculpey III, and extremely durable when baked! From the makers of other Sculpey clays, it's a premium line of polymer clay.3 items
Designed especially to satisfy the needs of the artist, Premo! comes in a palette of vibrant colors modeled after those of oil paints. Beautiful used as is, they can also be mixed with other polymer clays, powders, or pigments for custom effects.
Perfect for everything from sculpture, bead making, unique wearable art, and molds, to rubber stamping and home décor, Premo! is ready-to-use straight from the package. Smooth and pliable, it's easy to knead, yet stays firm enough for detailed work without crumbling.
Oven baking hardens your creations, yet they remain flexible and durable, harder to break than those made with other clays.
- Premo! Sculpey Modeling Clay 8 ounce$17.953 items
- Sculpey Glazes$9.50Protect projects and give them a glossy or satin finish with this glaze. It can be used before or after baking and will not peel. May be thinned with water.2 items
- Premo! Sculpey Modeling ClayPremo! Sculpey is a high strength, fine detail modeling compound. It won't crumble, is very workable and will remain pliable for long periods of time. The artist can blend and customize colors as needed and can easily work the clay with hands and tools alike. It becomes extremely strong after baking and offers high strength in thin areas. 2oz36 items
- Super Sculpey 8lb Box$220.00Out of Stock
- La Doll Natural Stone Clay
$37.90$34.11Satin Smooth, La Doll is a Natural Stone Clay that is fine grained and malleable for easy dollmaking. Because La Doll is so versatile, you can create just about any shape or texture. La Doll sticks to any core material: wire, wood, glass, or paper. When dry, it can be carved, sanded and polished. Even when dried hard, raw clay can be added. Paintable with any type of paint, once the surface is dry. Can be mixed with Premier. 500g Made in Japan
- Premier Light Weight Stone Clay
$35.80$32.22Air Drying Light Weight Clay with exceptional strength. Bright White. Blends with La Doll Clay. 300g Made in Japan
- Hearty Super Lightweight Modeling Clay White
$28.30$25.47Hearty Clay is a product that is light weight and air dries in 24 hours. Hearty Clay is ACMI certified non-toxic, lightweight and acid free modeling clay. It can be used for a variety of projects such as design cards, scrap booking embellishments, home décor items, free form sculpting, mold making, and jewelry because of its amazing flexibility and light weight. Air dried clay is sure to expand creativity and add dimension to all art pieces. 149g
- Liquid Deco Gel$20.00Oven hardening, exceptionally translucent and extra flexible.
- Super Elasticlay MoldMaker$20.50Make flexible one-sided molds by shaping this extra soft and pliable compound around even the most intricate of details. After baking, the Elasticlay mold is permanent and flexible. It may be used with Plaster of Paris or as a push mold for polymer clay. It is available as a 1/2 lb. block.
- Van Aken Plasteline Modeling Clay$9.95For sculptors, animators and arists of all ages.24 items
Van Aken Modeling Clay is a pigmented oil base modeling compound renowned for its smooth consistency and brilliant color range. It is self adhering, non toxic*, never hardens and permanently pliable. Compatible with silicone mold compounds. Contains no Sulfur. Melting point = 150F (65.5C) 1lb.
*Certified non-toxic by the Art & Craft Materials Institute.
- Super Sculpey Firm$31.50Many sculptors desire an extra-firm clay that can be carved to shape, as subtractive rather than additive sculpture. Super Sculpey Firm delivers, achieving a carving medium that bakes in a 275° oven, which can then be polished, sanded, drilled, further carved and painted with acrylic colors. Super Sculpey Firm also maintains details exceptionally well, and is gray in color so those details show in photographs. Available in a 1 lb. block.
- Sculpey Clay Softener$10.70Add a few drops of Sculpey Clay Softener to firm uncured polymer clay to rejuvenate to a desired softness.
- Chavant CM-50 Hard Styling Clay$49.30CM-50 Industrial Hard Styling clay is used by product designers for the creation of automotive, marine, aerospace and consumer product models. Sculptors use CM-50 for high detail artwork, when a firmer clay body is desired, or if they want to incorporate various organic, smooth, curved shapes normally seen in transportation design into their sculpture.
- Translucent Liquid Sculpey$16.00Translucent Liquid Sculpey is a liquid polymer clay that is also a bakeable transfer and color medium with many creative uses. When artists' oil paints are mixed with it, it can be used as an enamel, a glaze or a backfilling compound. When pigments or mica powders are mixed with it, it can be a stipple, a metallic glaze or a grout for polymer clay mosaics. Projects such as stained glass effect suncatchers and window clings are also easy to make and bake.1 item
- Fimo Gold Powder$14.80Apply powder to unhardened FIMO with a brush. After hardening, fix with varnish. Powder can also be stirred into the varnish.
- Fimo Silver Powder$14.00Apply powder to unhardened FIMO with a brush. After hardening, fix with varnish. Powder can also be stirred into the varnish.
- Fimo Gloss Varnish$9.00Water-based, solvent-free and low odor. Touch dry after 30 minutes and permanent after 24 hours.
- Fimo Quick Mix$12.00Blend with FIMO to soften. Use to reconstitute crumbly or hard FIMO. Use to increase flexibility of cured FIMO.
- Fimo Effect$5.0030 items
- Ampersand Knife$15.90Use the Scratch Knife for thin or wide precise parallel lines. The knife comes with two different nibs.
- Ampersand Fiber Brush Tool$29.70The Fiber Brush is used to soften crisp edges and create gradual tonal values on claybord.
- Ampersand Line Tool$23.70Use the Line Tool for parallel lines and cross-hatching. The tool has four needles tightly pressed together for fine detail.
- Fimo Professional Clay Extruder Set$73.60Easy-to-use clay extruder for all unhardened modeling clays. The crank ensures ergonomic comfortable and effortless rotation. High-quality design and easy to clean.
- Fimo Professional Drill and Smoothing Tool$32.00The drill on this tool is 2.5mm and 40mm in length. It is made of stainless steel and is rustproof. The drill is ideal for making holes in hardened clay e.g. beads. The smoothing tool is especially suitable to smooth raw materials, to cut off modeling clay and to accentuate raised designs. Easy to clean.
- Fimo Professional Needle and V-Tool$19.95This tool has a rustproof needle tip made of stainless steel. Ideal for making holes in beads, to smooth and model fine details and patterns, as well as to pick up and attach small clay parts. V-tool has a 60 degree angle and is 40mm in length. Ideal for carving to define areas and to cut regular grooves. Easy to clean.
- Fimo Professional Ball Tool$19.95Out of StockThis tool has 2 different balls made of chrome-plated carbon steel, 1.5mm & 8mm. Ideal for shaping soft modeling clay e.g. shaping hollows, arches or eye sockets. Suitable for various applications and modeling fine details. Easy to clean.
- Fimo Professional Clay Shaper$19.95This Clay Shaper has an extra firm silicon, taper point and flat chisel for precise sculpting and shaping of modeling clay. Easy to clean.
- Armature Wire$10.95-$28.90Coil, bend, wrap and manipulate this light-weight and fully pliable aluminum alloy wire into any shape. Perfect for creating an internal support structure for clay or wax sculpture or to be used alone as wire sculpture. The wire will not corrode or stain, and has a melting point of 1220 degrees F/660 degrees C.4 items
- Jovi Modelling Tools Set of 3$3.50
- Amaco Craft Clay Machine$52.50Roll polymer clay with any textured surface to add designs.
Roll soft metal sheets in between a thin rubber mat and any flexible textured surface to transfer design.
Craft clay machine
Clamp for securing to table 9 Thickness settings
Sturdy stainless steel construction
5 1/2" Wide opening
- Sculpey Super Slicer$33.60These long, thin blades cut smoothly through clay while the interchangeable comfort handles protect hands and fingers. Includes four different blades (rigid, flexible, wavy and rick-rack) and one set of snap-on handles.
- Styrofoam Cutter$30.00This kit assembles into a hot-wire cutter which can easily cut through styrofoam. The cutter is the perfect size for ease of handling and features a Nichrome wire to cut through styrofoam up to 5cm thick. Cutter Frame Length: 200mm, Cutter Frame Width: 90mm. Separately Required: 2 R20/D/UM1 Alkaline Batteries.
- Sculpey Acrylic Clay Roller$17.00Designed to roll even sheets of clay, the non-stick surface also eliminates the need for a release agent. Smooths clay surface. Cleans up with soap and water.
- Small, Double-Ended Sculpting Tool$24.80Out of StockPart picing tool, part scraping tool, part spatula. This is a "go-to" tool when working on hand casts. High-quality stainless steel construction.
- Large, Double-Ended Sculpting Tool$24.80Out of StockAn all around tool. This one scrapes and picks. It's perfect for mixing small amounts of gypsum cement and applying it in small tight areas when fixing castings. High-quality stainless steel construction.
- Mini Ribbon Sculpting Set$27.95Just the answer for your fine sculpting, detailing and trimming requirements. The miniature sculpting tools in this 6-piece set are made of fine ribbon steel, heat treated for maximum strength. Firmly set in 1/4” diameter by 5” aluminum handles, these tools are ideal for working with clay, greenware, wax, plaster, modeling mediums and even bread dough.
- Double-Ended Ribbon Sculpting Tool Set$20.95These five double-ended tools offer a total of ten different shapes for sculpting. Ideal for contouring and removing controlled amounts of clay, wax, polymer clay or other modeling material. Each 6-1/2" tool features high-strength, loops of flattened stainless steel ribbon, fastened with brass ferrules to a varnished hardwood handle.
- Clay Roller$8.20Roll and condition clay into smooth sheets of uniform thickness with this 3-1/2" wooden roller. Features a wire handle.
- Clay Gun Set$25.95This all metal clay extrusion set features a 3-1/2" injection-style gun and 19 interchangeable discs. Use with any kind of clay, polymer clay or modeling compound. Discs allow you to make many shapes, including: borders, leaves, trees, ropes, trim, hair, grass, string, tassels, noodles, flower stems, vines, curlicues, braids, frames, ribbons, bricks, letters, shingles, weaves and more!
- Clean-Up Tool$5.40Featuring a double-ended design with two stainless steel blades to intricately trim, smooth, or clean up your project. The curved blade is ideal for pressing and smoothing. It’s also useful for scooping and carving out material. Use the triangle blade for trimming, incising and fine detail work.
- Wipe Out Tool$8.95This double-ended, rubber-tipped tool allows your to precisely manipulate clay, firing glazes, paint and more. The solvent-resistant tips are fastened with brass ferrules to a varnished, hardwood handle. Ideal for sculpting, ceramics, doll making and painting.
- X-Acto Carving Tool Set of 6$80.95Out of Stock6 forged steel carving tools with hand-honed hardwood handles. For 3-dimensional carving and deep relief carving in wood or linoleum. Contents include a straight chisel, bent chisel, skew bevel chisel and bent gouge, "U" tool and veining tool.
- X-Acto Basic Woodcarving Set$44.20Out of StockHeavy-duty plastic handle knife with assortment of blades and carving gouges. This set contains a #5 knife with six gouges and on each blade, #15, 18, 19, 22, 24 and 26.
- Mold Release$19.302 items
- ComposiCast White$39.10-$64.40This Epoxy Cast Resin is designed for smooth, beautiful plastic castings with ComposiMold and ImPRESSive Putty. With low mixed viscocity it picks up all the details. 80D Shore Hardness, 30-45 Min. Working Time, Cures hard in 10 hours. Mixes 1:1 by weight or volume (no scale required). It cures to a bright white and is paintable, sandable and machinable. Also works great in silicone, latex and other molds.2 items
- Composicast Clear Casting Resin$40.10-$62.50Clear Casting Plastic is an easy to use casting epoxy resin to create clear castings. It's simple to use with a 1:1 mix ratio (by weight or volume) and works extremely well with ComposiMold. Clear Casting is crystal clear with a 80D Shore Hardness. It has ha 45 minute working time and is jewelry-grade.2 items
- Smooth-On EpoxAcast 690$115.30Out of StockEpoxAcast® 690 is a UV Resistant clear casting epoxy that is ideal for making clear jewelry/beads or replacement lenses for kit cars and other applications requiring a rigid, clear finished product. EpoxAcast® 690 is also suitable for making clear molds and prototype parts.
Clear castable epoxy - MIX RATIO: 100A: 30B; POT LIFE: 5 hours; CURE TIME: 24 hours; COLOR: Clear 2.6lbs
- Easy Cast$73.95950g
- Smooth-Cast 305$79.95Smooth-Cast (Easy to Cast) plastics are ultra-low viscosity resins that yield castings that are bright white or off-white. Vacuum degassing is not necessary and they offer the convenience of a 1:1 mis ratio. Fully cured castings are machinable and paintable.
Smooth-Cast 305 has a 7 minute pot life and a 30 minute demold time. .86KG
- Smooth-Cast 300$79.95Smooth-Cast (Easy to Cast) plastics are ultra-low viscosity resins that yield castings that are bright white or off-white. Vacuum degassing is not necessary and they offer the convenience of a 1:1 mis ratio. Fully cured castings are machinable and paintable. Smooth-Cast 300 has a 3 minute pot life and a 10 minute demold time. .86KG
- ComposiStone 1 pound$20.90Out of StockHarder Than Plaster...Smoother Than Cement. This system uses a dry mix and water at a ratio of 2.5 parts powder to 1 part water; and not less than 2 parts powder to 1 part water by weight or volume. It solidifies to a beautiful light Gray color. The texture is similar to a cement feel, but much smoother in appearance. Ideal for outdoor/lawn ornaments, shelf ornaments, sculptures, craft parts and other general applications.
- Celluclay Instant Papeir Mache$22.50No more mixing paste and cutting strips of paper– simply add water for a great sculpting medium that is completely non-toxic and safe. Celluclay will adhere to almost any surface and can be sawed, sanded or nailed when dry. Dries to a gray color 1lb.
- Permastone Casting Compound$28.60This plaster-like casting compound dries to be super-hard. Ideal for projects that require break-resistant casting. It can be finished with oils, acrylics, watercolors, poster colors, etc. In a 28oz. can.
- Plaster Wrap$24.40PlasterWrap is super lightweight and incredibly strong to provide the ultimate "shell" foundation for every model project. It conforms the the most intricate terrain details and dries rock-hard in minutes. 8" x 15 feet.
- Plaster of Paris 2kg$9.90
- Gypsona Plaster Bandage 10cm x 3.5Metre$6.20Gypsona is a premium quality plaster bandage and is the preferred brand by most experienced lifecasters for its creaminess and smoothness.
- Amaco Sculptamold 3Lb$28.70This white, non-toxic, cellulose-based compound combines the best features of clay, plaster, and papier maché. Sculptamold is lightweight like papier maché, but it does not shrink. It models and casts like clay, and sets up hard like plaster in about 30 minutes. Cast it in molds made of rubber, plastic, plaster, or even sand. It can be worked with tools, or by hand. While wet, it adheres to almost any clean surface, including glass. It can be applied to an armature, or over any core, without cracking or shrinkage. Apply wet material over dry to add finishing details. Cure the finished piece by allowing it to air dry for several days. The curing process can be speeded up in a low oven. Sculptamold dries exceptionally white, with a matte finish. Once it is dry, Sculptamold can be sawed, sanded, smoothed, carved, or nailed. Surfaces can be decorated with any paint. Sculptamold is not waterproof, but a finished piece can be made water resistant with clear lacquer, varnish, or...more »
- Amaco Claycrete Papier Mache 1Lb$21.90
- Silicon Pigment$27.50-$39.95Pigment suitable for silicone rubber. 50gram jar12 items
- ComposiMold Reuseable Molding Material$36.90-$115.00When melted this molding material is 100% reusable. Many casts can be made using the same mold. It is a great material for artists who want to learn and become more involved in sculpting, modeling and mold making without the worry of mistakes or wasting material. This flexible, rubbery thermoplastic is great for small mold parts that require a stiffer mold making material. It is compatible with many different casting materials including clays, plaster, cement, epoxy, polyurethane and many others.10 items
- ComposiMold Bubble Buster 6 ounce$19.95Bubble Buster is a PVA mixture that reduces bubble formation when mold making. It works by reducing the surface tension so the bubbles rise up and away from the mold surface. To use, simply spray the original part with Bubble Buster after applying a mold release. Pour ComposiMold over the original part to make the mold. Bubble Buster is not intended for use in the mold for the casting process.
- Mold Builder$42.10-$63.80Use this liquid latex rubber for making three-dimensional molds. Simply brush several thin coats on an object you wish to duplicate and peel off a ready-to-use mold. It cleans up quickly with water. Mold Builder can be used for casting candle wax, plaster and resin.2 items
- Genesis V Alginate$39.95-$158.95Genesis V is a medium setting alginate designed for layup molds like faces and heads. This is Accu-Cast’s Prosthetic Grade Cream. The low slump property makes it much easier to apply than common alginates while reducing waste- making it much more economical than traditional formulas.2 items
Genesis V sets in approx. 5 minutes 30 seconds when using 70°F water. White. 1 pound bag
- Genesis X Alginate$39.95-$158.95Genesis X is a LONG setting alginate designed for big layup molds like heads and torsos. This is Accu-Cast’s longest setting alginate. The low slump property makes it much easier to apply than common alginates while reducing waste- making it much more economical than traditional formulas. Sets very firm and flexible with incredible detail in the mold. Good for working in very warm environments where other alginates would set too quickly.2 items
Genesis X sets in approx. 10 minutes when using 70°F water. White. 1 pound bag
- Thi-Vex Silicone Thickening Agent$9.50Out of StockThickening agent for Smooth-On silicone rubber for vertical surface application (making brush-on molds). Different viscosities can be attained by varying the amount of Thi-Vex. Thi-Vex is added as a small percentage of Part A and must be thoroughly mixed with Parts A and B. 1oz
NOTE: Thi-Vex is not compatible OOMOO silicone rubber.
- 380-CC Alginate$39.95Out of StockFormulated for hand casting, this color-changing alginate tells you when to put your hands in. 380-CC powder is white and when you add water it changes to a bright bubble-gum pink. If you're using 26.6C water, the pink will fade to white in about 2 minutes, 15 seconds. That's when you put your hands in. The alginate should be set (dry on the surface) at 3 minutes and you take your hands out at 3 minutes 30 seconds. 380-CC is the "Go To" alginate when working with babies and children. With 35C water, it will fade at 1:35 and set at 2:15, with hands out at 2:45. Mixes smooth and creamy, sets rubbery and strong. Ease to remove your hands. Stone models come out smooth and detailed. 1lb bag
- Beeswax Blocks$2.00-$13.95approximately 25grams2 items
- Baby Hand Casting Kit$39.00Out of StockThis kit contains everything you need to make a solid stone 3D casting of your baby's hand. Safe, non-toxic materials are easy to mix and easy to use. Complete instructions included. The exclusive "color-changing" alginate formula lets you know when it time to put your baby's hand into the molding material. As a bonus, this kit includes TWO bags of molding material, just in case something doesn't go quite right the first time. The kit uses a "mis-in-the-bag" technique that makes clean up quick and easy.
- Phase2 Alginate$49.95Out of StockColor-Changing Formula that fades to white at 1:45 and sets at 2:15. - Dustless Formula makes great impressions. 1 pound bag with measuring scoop and water vial.
- Instamold$39.30Make perfect reproductions of 3-dimensional shapes in minutes with this ingenious water-activated, non-toxic, mold-making compound. The finished mold can be used with resin, wax, Permastone or casting plaster to make numerous copies. In a 12 oz. canister that makes up to a gallon of working mixture.
- Pinkysil Silicone$79.95-$156.30Pinkysil is a two-component, addition curing, low viscosity silicone designed for taking very fast impressions. It is ideally suited to and is the product of choice for fast set moulds where a free flowing product is required and when time factors are an issue. Skin safe.2 items
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.