Sculpture & Modelling
We love Super Sculpey and are happy to share and talk about techniques that we've used on our own maquettes that we proudly display in-store.
We also sell plaster of paris, Fimo, brush on latex, Flexwax, Sculptamold, Klean Klay, Plasteline, Alginate, Jovi modelling paste, Abbot's Red Clay, and Gypsoma Plaster Bandages. We stock a variety of modelling tools for sculpting, woodcut and linocuts.
- ImPRESSive Re-Usable Putty$20.70-$138.00
ImPRESSive Putty (ReMold Putty) requires no mixing or weighing. It is Eco-Friendly, Re-Usable, and Microwaveable too! Just press the object you want to duplicate into the molding putty or press the ImPRESSive Putty onto your object. It works like silicone molding putty, just better.
- NSP Sulphur-Free Plasteline$39.95
NSP (Non Sulfurated Plasteline) NSP is a line of professional, sulfur free sculpting clays. Replacing sulphur minimizes difficulties associated to mold making with silicone rubber. NSP can be melted and poured at approximately 185°F Available in medium and hard. 2 pounds (906g)
- Roma Plastilina $39.95
Roma Plastilina is considered by many to be the world’s finest modeling material. It is permanently pliable. The soft is extremely pliable and is used for making large sculptures–it is easily scraped from molds. The medium grade (#2) is generally used for portrait heads, busts, and figure work. Medium grade is easy to work with and is the most popular consistency.
- Sculpey Glazes$9.50
Protect projects and give them a glossy or satin finish with this glaze. It can be used before or after baking and will not peel. May be thinned with water.
- Super Sculpey 8lb Box$220.00Out of Stock
- La Doll Natural Stone Clay$37.90
Satin Smooth, La Doll is a Natural Stone Clay that is fine grained and malleable for easy dollmaking. Because La Doll is so versatile, you can create just about any shape or texture. La Doll sticks to any core material: wire, wood, glass, or paper. When dry, it can be carved, sanded and polished. Even when dried hard, raw clay can be added. Paintable with any type of paint, once the surface is dry. Can be mixed with Premier. 500g Made in Japan
- Premier Light Weight Stone Clay$35.80
Air Drying Light Weight Clay with exceptional strength. Bright White. Blends with La Doll Clay. 300g Made in Japan
- Hearty Super Lightweight Modeling Clay White$28.30
Hearty Clay is a product that is light weight and air dries in 24 hours. Hearty Clay is ACMI certified non-toxic, lightweight and acid free modeling clay. It can be used for a variety of projects such as design cards, scrap booking embellishments, home décor items, free form sculpting, mold making, and jewelry because of its amazing flexibility and light weight. Air dried clay is sure to expand creativity and add dimension to all art pieces. 149g
- Liquid Deco Gel$20.00
Oven hardening, exceptionally translucent and extra flexible.
- Van Aken Plasteline Modeling Clay$9.95
For sculptors, animators and arists of all ages.
Van Aken Modeling Clay is a pigmented oil base modeling compound renowned for its smooth consistency and brilliant color range. It is self adhering, non toxic*, never hardens and permanently pliable. Compatible with silicone mold compounds. Contains no Sulfur. Melting point = 150F (65.5C) 1lb.
*Certified non-toxic by the Art & Craft Materials Institute.
- Super Sculpey Firm$31.50Out of Stock
Many sculptors desire an extra-firm clay that can be carved to shape, as subtractive rather than additive sculpture. Super Sculpey Firm delivers, achieving a carving medium that bakes in a 275° oven, which can then be polished, sanded, drilled, further carved and painted with acrylic colors. Super Sculpey Firm also maintains details exceptionally well, and is gray in color so those details show in photographs. Available in a 1 lb. block.
- Sculpey Clay Softener$10.70Out of Stock
Add a few drops of Sculpey Clay Softener to firm uncured polymer clay to rejuvenate to a desired softness.
- Chavant CM-50 Hard Styling Clay$49.30Out of Stock
CM-50 Industrial Hard Styling clay is used by product designers for the creation of automotive, marine, aerospace and consumer product models. Sculptors use CM-50 for high detail artwork, when a firmer clay body is desired, or if they want to incorporate various organic, smooth, curved shapes normally seen in transportation design into their sculpture.
- Translucent Liquid Sculpey$16.00Translucent Liquid Sculpey is a liquid polymer clay that is also a bakeable transfer and color medium with many creative uses. When artists' oil paints are mixed with it, it can be used as an enamel, a glaze or a backfilling compound. When pigments or mica powders are mixed with it, it can be a stipple, a metallic glaze or a grout for polymer clay mosaics. Projects such as stained glass effect suncatchers and window clings are also easy to make and bake.1 item
- Fimo Gold Powder$14.80
Apply powder to unhardened FIMO with a brush. After hardening, fix with varnish. Powder can also be stirred into the varnish.
- Fimo Silver Powder$14.80
Apply powder to unhardened FIMO with a brush. After hardening, fix with varnish. Powder can also be stirred into the varnish.
- Fimo Gloss Varnish$9.00Out of Stock
Water-based, solvent-free and low odor. Touch dry after 30 minutes and permanent after 24 hours.
- Fimo Quick Mix$12.00Blend with FIMO to soften. Use to reconstitute crumbly or hard FIMO. Use to increase flexibility of cured FIMO.
- Fimo Effect$5.0025 items
- Fimo Soft$5.50
Fimo, the popular polymer clay noted for its firmness, is now available in a softer, easier-to-condition form.
- Protolina KleanKlay 453g$14.00
Non-drying, non-hardening, no-sulfur modeling clay for a variety of applications. It is non-toxic, sanitary, and odorless. Klean Klay is easy to handle and work with and remains hand-pliable at room temperature. Klean Klay keeps its smooth, firm consistency and retains the shape into which it is molded. Klean Klay Modeling Clay is a suitable model and mold-making material for:
Cultured Marble Products, Taxidermy, RTV Silicone Rubber Molding, Product Development Modeling, Fibre Glass Molding, Architectural Modeling, Metal Casting, School Arts & Crafts, Cement Casting, Forensic Models, Claymations and/or Special Effects for Stage or Film.
- DAS Natural Clay 500g$5.95Natural Pottera Clay is a grey modelling pase that turns to a white color when dry. No oven or kiln is needed. It is easy to make highly detailed pieces without shrinking or bending. Any work that has been stopped for several days can be resumed merely by moistening the dry parts.
- DAS Modelling Clay 110g$3.95
- DAS Modelling Clay 500g$7.50
- Super Sculpey Original 454g$34.00
Super Sculpey is a ceramic-like sculpturing compound that is shatter and chip resistant. Super Sculpey remains soft and pliable if stored in a very cool place. After baking, Super Sculpey becomes hard and is ready for painting and/or glazing. It can be carved, sanded and drilled.
- Ampersand Knife$15.90
Use the Scratch Knife for thin or wide precise parallel lines. The knife comes with two different nibs.
- Ampersand Fiber Brush Tool$29.70
The Fiber Brush is used to soften crisp edges and create gradual tonal values on claybord.
- Ampersand Line Tool$23.70
Use the Line Tool for parallel lines and cross-hatching. The tool has four needles tightly pressed together for fine detail.
- Fimo Professional Clay Extruder Set$73.60
Easy-to-use clay extruder for all unhardened modeling clays. The crank ensures ergonomic comfortable and effortless rotation. High-quality design and easy to clean.
- Fimo Professional Drill and Smoothing Tool$32.00
The drill on this tool is 2.5mm and 40mm in length. It is made of stainless steel and is rustproof. The drill is ideal for making holes in hardened clay e.g. beads. The smoothing tool is especially suitable to smooth raw materials, to cut off modeling clay and to accentuate raised designs. Easy to clean.
- Fimo Professional Needle and V-Tool$19.95
This tool has a rustproof needle tip made of stainless steel. Ideal for making holes in beads, to smooth and model fine details and patterns, as well as to pick up and attach small clay parts. V-tool has a 60 degree angle and is 40mm in length. Ideal for carving to define areas and to cut regular grooves. Easy to clean.
- Fimo Professional Ball Tool$19.95
This tool has 2 different balls made of chrome-plated carbon steel, 1.5mm & 8mm. Ideal for shaping soft modeling clay e.g. shaping hollows, arches or eye sockets. Suitable for various applications and modeling fine details. Easy to clean.
- Fimo Professional Clay Shaper$19.95
This Clay Shaper has an extra firm silicon, taper point and flat chisel for precise sculpting and shaping of modeling clay. Easy to clean.
- Armature Wire$10.95-$28.90
Coil, bend, wrap and manipulate this light-weight and fully pliable aluminum alloy wire into any shape. Perfect for creating an internal support structure for clay or wax sculpture or to be used alone as wire sculpture. The wire will not corrode or stain, and has a melting point of 1220 degrees F/660 degrees C.
- Jovi Modelling Tools Set of 3$3.50
- Sculpey Super Slicer$33.60
These long, thin blades cut smoothly through clay while the interchangeable comfort handles protect hands and fingers. Includes four different blades (rigid, flexible, wavy and rick-rack) and one set of snap-on handles.
- Styrofoam Cutter$30.00
This kit assembles into a hot-wire cutter which can easily cut through styrofoam. The cutter is the perfect size for ease of handling and features a Nichrome wire to cut through styrofoam up to 5cm thick. Cutter Frame Length: 200mm, Cutter Frame Width: 90mm. Separately Required: 2 R20/D/UM1 Alkaline Batteries.
- Sculpey Acrylic Clay Roller$19.00Out of Stock
Designed to roll even sheets of clay, the non-stick surface also eliminates the need for a release agent. Smooths clay surface. Cleans up with soap and water.
- Small, Double-Ended Sculpting Tool$24.80Out of Stock
Part picing tool, part scraping tool, part spatula. This is a "go-to" tool when working on hand casts. High-quality stainless steel construction.
- Large, Double-Ended Sculpting Tool$24.80Out of Stock
An all around tool. This one scrapes and picks. It's perfect for mixing small amounts of gypsum cement and applying it in small tight areas when fixing castings. High-quality stainless steel construction.
- Mini Ribbon Sculpting Set$37.80Out of Stock
Just the answer for your fine sculpting, detailing and trimming requirements. The miniature sculpting tools in this 6-piece set are made of fine ribbon steel, heat treated for maximum strength. Firmly set in 1/4” diameter by 5” aluminum handles, these tools are ideal for working with clay, greenware, wax, plaster, modeling mediums and even bread dough.
- Double-Ended Ribbon Sculpting Tool Set$20.95Out of Stock
These five double-ended tools offer a total of ten different shapes for sculpting. Ideal for contouring and removing controlled amounts of clay, wax, polymer clay or other modeling material. Each 6-1/2" tool features high-strength, loops of flattened stainless steel ribbon, fastened with brass ferrules to a varnished hardwood handle.
- Clay Roller$8.20Out of Stock
Roll and condition clay into smooth sheets of uniform thickness with this 3-1/2" wooden roller. Features a wire handle.
- Clean-Up Tool$5.40
Featuring a double-ended design with two stainless steel blades to intricately trim, smooth, or clean up your project. The curved blade is ideal for pressing and smoothing. It’s also useful for scooping and carving out material. Use the triangle blade for trimming, incising and fine detail work.
- Wipe Out Tool$8.95
This double-ended, rubber-tipped tool allows your to precisely manipulate clay, firing glazes, paint and more. The solvent-resistant tips are fastened with brass ferrules to a varnished, hardwood handle. Ideal for sculpting, ceramics, doll making and painting.
- Sculpey 5-in-1 Clay Tool$43.70This multi-purpose toll has 5 interchangeable toll heads including a blade, cone tip shaper, chisel tip shaper, ball end and needle tool. The heads are easy to change with embedded magnets.
- Sculpey Etch 'N Pearl Set$23.30
Use the pointed ends to add fine details to clay or to pierce beads. Bake the beads directly on metal skewers, or use the concave ends to create delicate pearl patterns.
- Sculpey Clay Tool Variety Set$20.50Each unique toll has two distinctive ends to suit a variety of modeling needs such as, creating lines, small holes, textures, fine details and patterns. Use the stamp-end for added detail. The blunt points are ideal for small scale sculpting, punching holes, shaping, refining and smoothing clay, etc.
- Sculpey Style & Detail Tools$29.103 x Dual-purpose shaping and smoothing tools with two ends for surface finishing and detailing. Use the flexible tip shapers to shape and smooth clays, blend seams, create texture and patterns. Use ball-end stylus to make indentations, concave forms and create curled or wavy edges.
WireForm is a versatile metal modeling material that can be formed into any shaped desired. Its rust-proof mesh is pliable enough to bend yet sturdy enough to hold three-dimensional shapes. Use as an armature base for modeling or as a craft material to make beautiful objects.
- Fimo Modelling Tools$12.00
- Jovi Modelling Tools$6.70
- Syringes$1.40-$6.504 items
- Pipette Dispenser$0.30Out of Stock
- Mungyo Modelling Tools Set of 9$5.00
- Fimo Magic Bead Roller$35.00
The Fimo Magic Roller Bead Maker kit comes with full instructions on how to make original beads in different shapes and sizes. Simply combine your different colours of clay to make magnificent marbled, striped, dotted and rainbow coloured beads, time and time again.
- Engraving Knives Set of 6 in Wooden Case$22.80
- Pottery Tools Set of 8$26.60
- Art Resin$36.00-$240.00
Clear coat high-glass epoxy resin brings artwork to life while protecting it.
- Easy Cast$73.95
- ComposiStone 1 pound$20.90Out of Stock
Harder Than Plaster...Smoother Than Cement. This system uses a dry mix and water at a ratio of 2.5 parts powder to 1 part water; and not less than 2 parts powder to 1 part water by weight or volume. It solidifies to a beautiful light Gray color. The texture is similar to a cement feel, but much smoother in appearance. Ideal for outdoor/lawn ornaments, shelf ornaments, sculptures, craft parts and other general applications.
- Celluclay Instant Papeir Mache$22.50
No more mixing paste and cutting strips of paper– simply add water for a great sculpting medium that is completely non-toxic and safe. Celluclay will adhere to almost any surface and can be sawed, sanded or nailed when dry. Dries to a gray color 1lb.
- Permastone Casting Compound$28.60
This plaster-like casting compound dries to be super-hard. Ideal for projects that require break-resistant casting. It can be finished with oils, acrylics, watercolors, poster colors, etc. In a 28oz. can.
- Plaster Wrap$24.40
PlasterWrap is super lightweight and incredibly strong to provide the ultimate "shell" foundation for every model project. It conforms the the most intricate terrain details and dries rock-hard in minutes. 8" x 15 feet.
- Plaster of Paris 2kg$9.90
- Gypsona Plaster Bandage 10cm x 3.5Metre$6.20
Gypsona is a premium quality plaster bandage and is the preferred brand by most experienced lifecasters for its creaminess and smoothness.
- Amaco Sculptamold 3Lb$28.70
This white, non-toxic, cellulose-based compound combines the best features of clay, plaster, and papier maché. Sculptamold is lightweight like papier maché, but it does not shrink. It models and casts like clay, and sets up hard like plaster in about 30 minutes. Cast it in molds made of rubber, plastic, plaster, or even sand. It can be worked with tools, or by hand. While wet, it adheres to almost any clean surface, including glass. It can be applied to an armature, or over any core, without cracking or shrinkage. Apply wet material over dry to add finishing details. Cure the finished piece by allowing it to air dry for several days. The curing process can be speeded up in a low oven. Sculptamold dries exceptionally white, with a matte finish. Once it is dry, Sculptamold can be sawed, sanded, smoothed, carved, or nailed.
Surfaces can be decorated with any paint. Sculptamold is not waterproof, but a finished piece can be made water resistant with clear lacquer, varnish, or gloss acrylic. Finished pieces are lightweight, but also strong and durable. Sculptamold pieces are shatter and break resistant.
- Amaco Claycrete Papier Mache 1Lb$21.90
- ComposiMold Reuseable Molding Material$36.90-$115.00
When melted this molding material is 100% reusable. Many casts can be made using the same mold. It is a great material for artists who want to learn and become more involved in sculpting, modeling and mold making without the worry of mistakes or wasting material. This flexible, rubbery thermoplastic is great for small mold parts that require a stiffer mold making material. It is compatible with many different casting materials including clays, plaster, cement, epoxy, polyurethane and many others.
- ComposiMold Bubble Buster 6 ounce$19.95
Bubble Buster is a PVA mixture that reduces bubble formation when mold making. It works by reducing the surface tension so the bubbles rise up and away from the mold surface. To use, simply spray the original part with Bubble Buster after applying a mold release. Pour ComposiMold over the original part to make the mold. Bubble Buster is not intended for use in the mold for the casting process.
- Mold Builder$42.10-$63.80
Use this liquid latex rubber for making three-dimensional molds. Simply brush several thin coats on an object you wish to duplicate and peel off a ready-to-use mold. It cleans up quickly with water. Mold Builder can be used for casting candle wax, plaster and resin.
- Instamold$39.30Out of Stock
Make perfect reproductions of 3-dimensional shapes in minutes with this ingenious water-activated, non-toxic, mold-making compound. The finished mold can be used with resin, wax, Permastone or casting plaster to make numerous copies. In a 12 oz. canister that makes up to a gallon of working mixture.
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.