Hobby & Craft
For our hobby artist, we sell a great range of detail brushes, Humbrol enamel paint and Tamiya acrylic paint. Tamiya is suitable for plastics, glass, ceramics and stone and comes in pottles or spray cans.
We also stock tempera powder paint, Fastex fabric paint, Marabu textile and porcelain paint markers. We also sell FAS liquid dyes and poster paints, and Rub n' Buff and Brush n' Leaf metallic paints. We have supplies for Candle makers, balsa wood for model makers and a large selection of glues and tapes to suit each and every project.
- Gamblin Drive By Black Textile Ink$37.801 pound
- Jacquard Color Remover 2 ounce$9.40Color remover whitens fabric while removing dye and stains. It is not a bleach and will not harm fabric. Soak the fabric in a Color Remover and water solution no detergents are necessary.
- Jacquard deColourant Mist 4 ounce$16.00deColourant is a ready-to-use printing paste for removing areas of color from dyed natural fabrics such as cotton, linen, silk and wool. Unlike bleach, deColourant removes color without jeopardizing the integrity of the fiber.
- Jacquard deColourant 8 ounce$14.60deColourant is a ready-to-use printing paste for removing areas of color from dyed natural fabrics such as cotton, linen, silk and wool. Unlike bleach, deColourant removes color without jeopardizing the integrity of the fiber.
- SolarFast Starter Kit$51.95This kit is a great way to get started with SolarFast. It includes three colors of 2 oz. SolarFast Dye including violet, orange and blue, three sheets of SolarFast Film, SolarFast Wash, SolarFast Film Pen, a backer board, sponges, pins and test fabric. It includes everything needed to start solar printing shadow prints and continuous tone photographs.
- AirfixJacquard Airfix is an additive for Jacquard Textile colors, Lumiere, Neopaque and Dye-Na-Flow or any acrylic fabric paint. Use as a catalyst to fix colors when heat setting is not practical.2 items
- Tamiya Spray CanThese cans of spray paint are extremely useful for painting large surfaces. The paint is a synthetic lacquer that cures in a short period of time. Each can contains 100ml of paint, which is enough to fully cover 2 or 3, 1/24 scale sized car bodies. Tamiya spray paints are not affected by acrylic or enamel paints. Therefore, following the painting of the entire assembly, details can be added or picked out using enamel and/or acrylic paints. By combining three different paints, the decoration of plastic models will become simpler and more effective.50 items
This item cannot be delivered to rural delivery addresses
- Tamiya Mixing Jar2 items
- Tamiya Mini Model PaintTamiya Acrylic Paints are made from water-soluble acrylic resins and are excellent for either brush or spray painting. These paints can be used on styrol resins, styrofoam, wood, plus all of the common model plastics. The paint covers well, flows smoothly with no blushing or fading, and can be blended easily. Each bottle of the Tamiya Acrylic Paint Mini Series contains 10ml of paint.75 items
- Humbrol EnamelA solvent-based, fast-dry paint developed for use on plastic model kits but which can also be used on other substrates. 14ml52 items
- Styrofoam Balls14 items
- DowelAll dowel is 36"long4 items
- Balsa StickAll stick are 36" long5 items
- Balsa SheetAll sheets are 36" long12 items
- Balsa Block12 inches long5 items
- Balsa Bag, Assorted$14.95Out of StockThis package contains various shapes and sizes for all of your craft and hobby needs.
- Marbling ColorMarbling is the ancient art of floating paint on the surface of thickened water (known as the “marbling size”) and then transferring the floating design onto paper or fabric. It has a rich history throughout Europe and Asia.10 items
Jacquard’s marbling system (available in the Jacquard Marbling Kit) eliminates the guesswork that is typically associated with marbling and allows even beginners to achieve professional-quality results. All Jacquard’s Marbling Colors spread equally on the marbling size and produce the most intense colors possible. On fabric, the Marbling Colors are soft to the touch and completely washfast after heat setting. On other porous and semi-porous surfaces, the paints have excellent adhesion.
any porous or semi-porous surface, including natural and synthetic fabrics, canvas, paper, wood, leather and more
- Jacquard Marbling Kit$39.95
- Marabu Easy Marble 15mlEasy Marble is a solvent-based paint used with water to create quick and elegant marbled patterns on either flat surfaces or dimensional objects. Just drip, swirl, dip and done! It adheres to paper, glass, plastic, metal, wax, wood, papier-mâché, polyester, polypropylene, smooth foam and many other surfaces. 15 ml jar.20 items
- Marabu Cleaner & Thinner$11.30Universal cleaner and thinner for cleaning brushes and diluting paints and varnishes based on organic solvents, e.g. Marabu GlasArt. 100ml
- Decorfin Relief PaintRelief Paint gives a vibrant three-dimensional effect. Adheres to both absorbent and non-absorbent grounds such as paper, cardboard, wood, stone, plaster, earthenware, glass and plexiglas.12 items
Newer tubes will be branded as Amsterdam Relief Paint. It is still the same product from the same manufacturer
- Marabu Glasart Set of 4$32.50High-gloss, transparent, solvent-based glass paint for painting on glass, acrylic, mirrors, porcelain, ceramic, metal films and wood. The intense, bright colour shades have a good flow, are exceptionally fade-resistant and intermixable. Paintbrush and Black Outliner included. 15ml paint pots
- Marabu Easy Marble Set of 6$34.30For marbling on a variety of objects such as eggs, balls, etc. made of glass, plastic, wood or polystyrene as well as paper, silk and many fabrics (paint is not wash resistant).
- Marabu Porcelain Set of 6$34.00Out of StockWater-based, high-gloss, brilliant porcelain and ceramic paint -ideal for creatively decorating porcelain, ceramic, terracotta, earthenware, prefired ceramic, metal, glass.
- Henna 8 ounce$23.60Henna is a natural colorant made from the dried leaves of the Lawsonia inermis shrub. It produces a beautiful orange-brown color that bonds well with protein fibers and has been used for thousands of years to color skin (mehndi), fingernails, hair, leather, silk and wool. On cellulose fibers, it produces a pale ecru color and must be used with a mordant. Jacquard’s henna is premium, body art quality that comes fresh from Rajasthan. It is regularly tested for purity and safety.
- Special FX Spirit Gum$13.80A 10ml bottle of water-soluble glue for securing beads, sequins, false hair and other items to the face. Snazaroo produces the finest face and body art materials that will ensure you and your friends have a fantastic time.
- Jagua All Natural Temporary Tattoo Kit$29.95Out of StockA bluish-black temporary tattoo ink made from an Amazonian fruit juice, Jagua has been used by indigenous peoples of the Amazon for thousands of years to create body art. Safe, non-toxic and 100% natural, Jagua tattoos last 1-2 weeks and look like a real tattoo! Apply to any part of the body to express yourself, fool your friends or test drive tattoo ideas.
- Mehndi Henna Kit$25.70Create exotic temporary tattoos in the East Indian style using this henna dye kit. Everything needed to create your own body art is included. Tattoos last approximately 10 days.
- Gel Blood$17.30
- Snazaroo Special FX Kit$44.00This set contains Gel Blood, Sculpting Wax, Stipple Sponge, Face Paint, Special FX Tool and Step-by-step guide.
- Indigo Pre-ReducedIndigo exists in plants that grow all over the world. It is virtually the only blue dye that occurs in nature. With a fascinating history, indigo is equally fascinating to use: the blue color “magically” appears as dipped fabric is exposed to oxygen in the air! This unique property sets indigo apart from every other dye and makes it especially well-suited for patterning techniques. The dye produces a wide range of blues, from a pale sky blue to the deepest navy. Prized by countless cultures for millennia, indigo is still used today for coloring blue jeans. Jacquard’s synthesized indigo is molecularly identical to the naturally occurring dye and comes pre-reduced 60% for unprecedented ease of use.2 items
- Acid Dye 1 Pound40 items
- Cyanotype Sensitizer Set$24.702 Component Set for Photographic blueprints on paper and fabric
Cyanotype is the “original” sun-printing process, one of the earliest photographic techniques. Discovered in 1842 and distinctive for producing rich, Prussian blue monochromatic prints, Cyanotype was popular well into the 20th century as an inexpensive method for reproducing photographs, documents, maps and plans (hence the enduring architectural term “blueprint”) and famously, for making impressions of biological specimens in the field (“photograms”).
- Cyanotype Fabric SheetsThese pre-treated Cyanotype Fabrics make cyanotype printing easier than ever before. Simply expose the fabric to sunlight or UV (3-15 minutes, depending on conditions), placing objects or a film negative on top to create an image. After exposure, prints are processed in a tray of cool water and allowed to air dry.3 items
8.5" x 11" 30 sheets
- Jacquard Film Marker$5.95This resist pen is completely opaque, fast drying, non-toxic and perfect to use for marking film media. It can be used to draw designs directly onto SolarFast film. It can also be used with screen printers to make prints from original drawings. The pen has a medium 1.2mm point. The carded version can be hung on the side of the SolarFast rack.
- SolarFast Film$29.95SolarFast Film is used in an ink jet printer to create film negatives to print continuous tone designs on paper or fabric with SolarFast Dyes. Eight 8.5" x 11" sheets per package.
- Pearl Ex Varnish$11.95Out of StockDesigned for use with Pearl Ex Pigments, this water-based varnish can be used as a medium and as a top coat. It works well on paper, clay, metal, wood or plastic and cleans up easily with water. It can also be used to make lustrous metallic paints, glazes and durable finishes on a variety of surfaces. Available in 2.25 oz. bottles.
- Pearl Ex Gift Set$59.95
- Krylon Sea Glass 12ozGet a sophisticated, beach-inspired look on your glass projects! These soothing coastal colors can be applied to any clear glass surface to produce a semi-transparent, smooth, frosted and powdery finish that resembles glass tumbled by smooth waves. It offers excellent adhesion and durability for indoor decorating projects. It dries to the touch in 15 minutes and is available in 12 oz. cans.4 items
- Krylon Colormaster Rose Gold 11oz$23.20Krylon Rose Gold ColorMaster Spray Paint & Primer combines superior Krylon color and durable ColorMax technology with a one-can convenience. The result is a fast-drying, long-lasting performance! The hue is clean and crisp and achieves better hide without having to rely on shading or fillers that can muddy or wash out color. Spray metal, wood, and plastic with comfort and control.
- Pearl Ex Mica Pigments 3gramThese non-toxic, powdered pigments are ideal for interior, exterior and archival applications. They mix into any viscous medium or may be spread dry on any porous surface to produce deep-luster metallic effects. Pearl-Ex pigments are extremely colorfast and stable. Their temperature resistance allows them to be fired in a kiln up to 600 degrees. 3 grams53 items
- Krylon Stained Glass ColorKrylon Stained Glass Color makes changing the color of any clear glass surface fun and easy. Use for glass objescts like bottles, vases, mirrors, windows, lanterns, candle jars ornaments and hurricane lamps. May also be used on craft foam and some plastics. Coverage: 7 square feet. For indoor and outdoor use.3 items
- FAS Super Liquid Tempera 2Ltr8 items
- FAS Student Acrylic 75ml8 items
- FAS School Tempera Powder 600g10 items
- FAS Art & Poster Paints37 items
- FAS Student Acrylic 500ml15 items
- FAS Super Tempera Starter Set Metallic$17.99
- FAS Super Tempera Starter Set$21.20
- FAS Student Acrylic Starter Set$15.95
- FAS Art & Poster Set$22.30
- FAS Art & Poster Fluo Starter Set$25.70
- Soft Handled Scissors$42.00Comfortable, soft cushion grip with fine serrated blade. Precision, ground edge with adjustable blade tension. Angled blade reduces fatigue and allows easier cutting on flat surfaces. Ideal for all heavy duty cutting including fabric, leather, cardboard, rope and many other materials around the home and office. 8.25"
- Batik Wax$37.60One-pound tray of water-soluble batik wax.
- Spirit Body Art Transfer Paper$39.9510 pack
- Silk ScarvesPlain silk just waiting to be colored and personalized. Great projects for home, schools and clubs! Use with and Jacquard dyes, paints.3 items
- Silk Thread$10.95110 yd / 100 m spool of Gütermann 100% white silk thread.
- Sodium Alginate$16.50Out of StockA derivative of seaweed, use this additive to thicken fabric dyes. It is used to control spreading when painting or screen printing. Use Sodium Alginate SH primarily on cotton or other cellulose fibers. It can also be used on silk when fine line definition is not required. Use Sodium Alginate F on silk and synthetics when fine line definition is required. In 2 oz. bags.
- CarrageenanCarageenan is a seaweed derived gelling agent that provides viscosity for marbling on fabric. Slowly sprinkle one teaspoon of Calgon and two teaspoons of Carageenan into a quart of water in a running blender. Mix as many batches as you will need at least 12 hours before marbling.2 items
- Kraft-tex Paper FabricYou'll love this rugged paper that looks and feels like leather but sews, cuts and washes just like fabric. Supple, yet strong enough to use for projects that get tough wear. Use it to bring an exciting new texture to your sewing projects, mixed media arts and book making. Machine wash and tumble dry. 19" x 10yds3 items
- Gelatos ColorsNothing on the market today compares with Design Memory Craft Gelatos®. Compact acid-free pigment sticks glide on creamy smooth for vibrant color and coverage. All Gelatos® blend easily with or without water. Try this unique medium on paper, canvas, or wood!30 items
- Mix & Match Mixed Media SamplerSet Includes ArtGrip Aquarelle Watercolour Pencil Pitt Pastel Pencil Stamper's Big Brush Metallic Pitt Artist Pen Metallic Gelato Odorless and Acid-Free3 items
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.