Graphic & Technical
Our technical supplies include mechanical pens by Rotring and Staedtler, and Copic graphic markers and refills. We also stock Rotring and Staedtler drawing boards or can supply full size drawing tables to suit your studio requirements. We have a large selection of templates, french curves, craft & Xacto knives and Swann Morton scalpel handles and blades. Also, we have a full range of flexible curves, t-squares (including metal t-squares), adjustable setsquares, rotary trimmers and guillotines. We have several sizes of self-healing cutting mats, tracing paper, butter paper, Permatrace, Mylar, graph paper and plastic sheeting. Or, if we don't have something you would like us to have in stock on a regular basis, we will source it and stock it. Special orders don't upset us!
- Drafting Film Double Matte 18 x 24"$7.95
Grafix Drafting Film is a polyester film is a two side matte translucent drawing surface. This film accepts lead, charcoal, graphite, colored pencil, pen and ink with ease. It erases cleanly without smearing or leaving shadows. .004
High translucency, Will not tear or yellow, Lays flat, Archival, Dimensionally stable
- Dura Lar Matte Pad 14 x 17$93.95
This polyester film combines the best features of Mylar and acetate to provide a highly versatile film with high tensile, tear and impact strength. Dimensionally stable, it will not crack, discolor or become brittle with age. It lays flat and is acid-free, archival and heat-resistant. The film is .005" thick and has a matte translucent drawing surface on two sides. It will accept lead, ink and colored pencil, erases cleanly and is an economical alternative to acetate and drafting film. Twenty-five sheets per pad.
- Dura-Lar Wet Media Pad$62.70
Dura-Lar is more economical yet more dimensionally stable than wet media acetate. It is generally more flexible and less brittle than acetate but otherwise has very similar characteristics. It is for use with inks, watercolors, acrylics, etc. The surface is reusable and can be washed gently with mild soap. 14 x 17 " 12-sheet pad.
- Dura Lar Wet Media Sheets$9.40Out of Stock
Wet Media Dura-Lar .004" film is specially coated on both sides to accept water-based mediums, markers and inks without beading, chipping or running. Great for planning painting compositions, as a painting surface or printmaking. Simply wipe with a damp cloth for repeated use. 20 x 25inches
- Tracing Rolls$87.401 item
- A5 Premium Board Black 220g 20pk$3.50
- Pentel Sharp Mechanical Pencils$16.95
A sturdy plastic body drafting pencil perfect for template work and general purpose writing. The hi-polymer HB lead is equivalent to a #2 pencil, guaranteed to scan on tests and resist breaking. The self-feeding leads never need sharpening. Pencils are available with tip sizes that vary from .5mm to .9mm. and feature a soft eraser under each cap.
- Prismacolor Turquoise 2mm Leads Non-Photo Blue$29.95
Dependable graphite and clay leads for professional quality drawings and reproductions. Fits all standard 2mm lead holders.
- Pentel GraphGear 500 Mechanical Pencils$16.60
The GraphGear series offers students and professionals automatic drafting pencils for technical drawing and general writing. The 500 series has a metallic mesh grip on a slim, beveled barrel with a 4mm fixed sleeve. It is available in .3mm (bronze barrel), .5mm (black barrel), .7mm (blue barrel) and .9mm (silver barrel) points.
- Pentel Colored Leads$4.30
Colored leads noted for their strength, resilience and density. Created with a special composition that results in a very strong and flexible lead. Fine, Medium & Thick. 12 per tube
- Koh-I-Noor 5201 Clutch Lead Holder$11.95
- Staedtler Mars Technico Clutch Pencil$23.95
Leadholder for drawing, sketching and writing. Holds 2mm leads. Has a metal clip, push-button and grip zone a lead pointer is integrated in the push-button. Comes with HB lead.
Integrated lead pointer:
Simply remove the push-button, insert the lead into the metal opening and sharpen.
- Staedtler Marsmatic Drawing Ink Black 22ml$11.80
For use on paper and film
- Staedtler Mars Matic 745 Technical Pen Set$200.00
- Rotring Rapidograph Capillary Cartridges$18.401 item
- Koh-I-Noor Rapidograph Points (Nibs)$47.305 items
- Koh-I-Noor Rapidograph 3165 Technical Pens$73.00-$90.00
The 3165 Series pens are made of impact and chemical-resistant components for universal use with drawing and specialty inks. They feature long streamlined holders for good balance and self-polishing stainless steel points. For use on paper and drafting cloth. Each cap has a pocket clip and an air-tight double-seal liner.
- 3.5mm Ruling Pen$9.95Out of Stock
Nibs are removable for use in any break leg compass.
- Pacific Arc Flexible Curve 24"$27.80
Designed to allow the creation and drawing of virtually any curve, flexible curves make it easy to realize and create any curve you can imagine. Flexible curves have an extremely flexible solid core covered in plastic that conforms easily to any curve you create. They are mold-able and stay in place for easy tracing. Use with any pencil, lead holder or pen.
24" Flexible Curve With Inch/Metric Graduation.
- Pacific Arc French Curves Set of 3$15.20
Collegiate French Curve Set Represents the best value in student French curve sets. Curves have smooth edges with inking lifts and are packed in a reusable sleeve.
- Isometric Ellipse Template Imperial$11.50
Lettering guides/templates are a special type of template used to write uniform characters and for creating technical drawings. For decades they have been essential for lettering a drawing so text and other designs could be made quickly and uniformly.
27 Isometric Ellipses from 1/8" to 2".
- Ames' Lettering Guide$8.40Out of Stock
Draws guidelines for freehand lettering. Holes are spaced for three different systems. It includes direct setting for cross-hatching, grouped sets of guidelines and inch or metric measurements.
- Pickett Template Master General Purpose Inking$29.95
Contains useful symbols: circles, square, hexes, deltas, bracketts, North arrows and arrowheads. Also includes a 3" protractor, 30, 40, 60 degree angles, and inch scale on bottom edge. All with allowance for pencil point.
Made in the U.S.A.
- Staedlter Metric Extra Large Circles$44.99
With built in ink risers, this templates has 13 circles with diameters from 34mm to 85mm in 5mm increments. 200mm scale and rounded corners which can be used as 5mm, 10mm, 15mm and 20mm radii. Includes a 200mm scale. Made from dimensionally stable .8mm green transparent plastic with a matt finish on one side to reduce glare. Cut-out identification and ruler scales are printed in easy-to-read black ink. Centering lines are printed around the cutouts (where applicable). Designed for use with a 0.5mm pencil lead.
- Angle and Circle Maker$12.50
This clear, round protractor rotates freely, allowing for drawing of angles like a protractor and circles like a compass. The center disc features slots for drawing angles up to 360 and holes for drawing circles from 1/8" to 4" in diameter.
Outer ring colours vary
- Derwent Scale Divider$32.95Out of Stock
- Rolling Ruler$7.90
- Stainless Steel T-Square 30"$69.95Out of Stock
- Compass Ruler 18"$45.50
This 18" compass rule set includes the shaft, anchor point, lead holder and lead all in one package. Make circles up to 36". Automatically gives radius, area and circumference. Adjust circle size with fingertip control. Calibrations are in inches on one side and metric on the other. Made from the highest quality aluminum for ultra smooth edges and a solid feel without flexibility. The anodized finish gives a satin like feel, while the photo anodized calibrations are permanent and will not clean or rub off.
- Stainless Steel Rulers$5.00-$28.2011 items
- Staedtler Set Squares$11.801 item
- Adjustable Set Squares$36.00-$55.603 items
- Stainless Steel Rule 18inch/45cm$11.30Out of Stock
- Blundell Harling Academy Trianglular Scale 300mm$24.70
- Excel Replacement Blades$6.95
This light-duty blade features a sharp point and angled edge. It may be used with the K-1 knife and is also interchangeable with other industry brands of its type. Pack of 5
- Craft Knife Medium Duty$15.20
- Excel Scraper$14.95
- Excel #1 Light Duty Knife with Blades$12.30Out of Stock
- Excel #1 Light Duty Knife$9.95
- Foamwerks Cutter V-Groove$55.90Out of Stock
Cut decorative foamboard V-grooves to perfection using the FoamWerks Foamboard V-Groove Cutter. It features adjustable blade depth, quick-change blade clips, a magnetic blade slot, an on-board blade storage drawer and five blades. It works well with FoamWerks Channel Rail, Logan Adapt-A-Rule and Team System.
- Self-Healing Cutting Mats$14.50-$113.40
Larger sizes available on indent
- Self Healing Cutting Mat Transparent 3mm$65.80
450 x 600mm
- Transfer Paper$2.50Single Sheet3 items
- LED Light Pads$86.96-$179.00
Kent Magnetic Lightpads have a unique, magnetic surface to help keep your work securely in place! The perfect tool for designers, illustrators, animators, and artists.
- Dusting Brush$11.30
Traditional design, superior performance. Dusting Brushes are indispensable tools for quick, convenient removal of eraser residue and drafting powders from drawing surfaces.
- Pacific Arc Spring Bow Compass Set$37.95
Traditional Spring Bow compass features a true steel hoop for longevity and reliability. Features center wheel for fine adjustments.
6" break leg compass
spare parts kit
- Pacific Arc Erasing Shield$5.95Out of Stock
Flexible stainless steel shield aids in erasing.
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.