Magic Palette Mixing Guide
An indispensable working tool for artists at all experience levels. By following the simple instructions this color chart will show you how to mix over 300 beautiful, luminous colors using just 18 popular tube paints, plus titanium white. The Magic Palette Guide take the guessing out of mixing colors and is ideal for use in the studio, classroom or on location.
- In stock:
- Out of Stock
- The Color Wheel Company
How to use the Magic Palette Color Mixing Guide
- Select the color you want to mix from the Magic Palette grid. This is your target color.
- From your Target color follow the row to the left margin where you will find the Dominant color. Now, follow the column down to the bottom margin, where you will find the Mixing color. Using your palette knife, place a dab of each on your palette.
- The 18 original paint colors are never used straight from the tube. Lighten the Dominant color and the Mixing color separately with Titanium White to match the Dominant and Mixing color illustrated on the guide. Add the white very slowly. Yellow, oranges and reds require no more the 5% Titamium White. Darker colors will usually require slightly more white.
- Begin mixing the Target color you originally chose. Using a palette knife start with the Dominant color and slowling add in the Mixing color in very small increments. Contine adding the Mixing color until you match the Target color.
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.
About Takapuna Art Supplies
Located in downtown Takapuna Beach on the North Shore, our store has been serving the local art community for more than twenty years. We are owned and operated by working, professional artists and have become the place where like minded creatives choose to gather, share and inspire.
We are the only art supply store in the greater Auckland area that has a working artists' studio on premises. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff are always happy, willing and able to demonstrate techniques and share tips on the use of various artist materials.
Our focus is to encourage the pursuit of personal artistic expression and to share our expertise and love for the visual arts.
- Jim Auckland & Sandy Collins