Art Boards & ACM Panels
- ACM Panels$30.40-$83.50Aluminium Composite Panels, "ACM Panels" are a durable aluminium composite material. Two strong sheets of aluminium bonded to a solid polythene core. The panels are finished on one side with two coats of Gamblin Oil Painting Ground in an egg shell finish.4 items
Gamblin Oil Ground makes a strong, bright, non absorbent foundation for oil painting. Gamblin Ground is formulated from alkyd resign, titanium dioxide and calcium carbonate. Titanium dioxide gives opacity while calcium carbonate gives tooth for strong adhesion.
The combination of the ACM panel with its wonderful long lasting archival properties and the Internationally recognised Gamblin Oil Ground makes this , truly a panel for the future.
- Art Boards Natural Maple Rounds$41.20-$231.80This round Art Panel painting surface is made of natural Maple hardwood. Its painting surface is mounted to a multi-layered archival support. The Round Maple Painting Panels have dovetail slots on the back for easy hanging.5 items
- Birch Panels, Rounds$39.95-$180.00Birch veneer with MDF cradle4 items
- Gessobord$19.20-$63.95Museum Series Gessobord is a trusted professional quality prepared wood panel for artists. The superior quality acrylic gesso ground does not dull colors and the wonderful lightly sanded surface provides exceptional brush control with both oils and acrylics. Made with 1/8" hardboard and Archiva-Seal technology, the surface is acid-free, non-yellowing and archival. Made in the USA.8 items
- Claybord Cradled 1.5 Inch$58.50-$111.20Museum Series Claybord is made using 1/8" hardboard and features a kaolin clay ground formula that's archival and acid-free. The surface is sanded to an ultra-smooth, highly absorbant finish that allows paint colors to remain true and brilliant. Work into the surface by thinly applying paint or ink, then remove it, reapply it, even scratch through it to add contrast, texture and fine details. Clayboard can be used with inks, egg tempera, acrylics, collage, pencil, pen, airbrush, photo-transfers, casein, watercolor, gouache, mixed-media, and to mount papers, prints and fabrics. The cradled frames are made with premium grade 13-ply birch plywood for maximum stability and a clean, finished look from edge to edge. Made in the USA.7 items
- Artist Panels Primed Smooth$6.60-$29.10These panels feature an ultra-smooth finished surface that is great for oils, acrylics and mixed media. A warp-resistant, non-flexible alternative to canvas, the panel is made of top quality 1/8" Ampersand True Artist Hardboard with a smooth acrylic coating. The surface allows for fine brushwork and palette knife painting. It is also perfect for mounting papers, prints and canvas.10 items
- Artist Panels Uncradled$22.00-$47.20These value series panels feature acrylic gesso coated surfaces for use with oil and acrylics. The surface has a canvas-like texture giving artists the advantages of a panel with the feel of fine canvas. The surface allows for greater brush control than traditional stretched canvas. 3/8" Flat panel with a hanging slot. They are a versatile surface at a value price; ideal for students, beginners and leisure painters.6 items
- Scratchbord$22.86-$47.95A rigid hardboard backing and a perfectly inked surface make this the ultimate scratchboard. Made with a thick clay-coating and T100 India Ink. Allows for a full range of tonal values.5 items
- Pastelbord$25.80-$46.70Ideal for use with pastels and acrylics, Pastelbord holds pastels better than pastel paper and can be used wet or dry. To rework an area simply wash with water. Available in 1/8" thickness and a variety of colors that provide an excellent under painting.4 items
- Unprimed Basswood$30.80-$35.40These unprimed basswood panels accept all types of painting grounds and are excellent for encaustic, mixed media, collage and wood engraving. They are sanded ultra-smooth and lack plywood seams, knots or raised fibers, providing a clean, professional look.2 items
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.