Gamblin Ground & Gesso Blades
These blades are specifically designed for priming panels and canvases with ground and gesso. Get a smooth, even application from edge-to-edge and even on the sides. Replaces brushes and rollers and makes cleanup a breeze.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Winsor & Newton Artists' AcrylicsThe New Winsor & Newton Artists' Acrylics are unrivaled in their brilliance and depth of colour, bringing exceptional richness and intensity to your paintings. 60ml... more »
- Gamblin Artist Oil Colors 37mlGamblin Artist's Oil Colors are crafted by hand with the well-being of artists, their work, and the environment in mind. True to historic working properties, yet safer and more permanent, they combine the best traditions of the past with the latest technical innovations, giving you the freedom to create without compromise... more »
- GamsolGamsol is an excellent solvent for thinning Gamblin mediums and for general painting. It evaporates 100% and leaves no residue in paint layers. Gamsol is less toxic than other brands of OMS (Odorless Mineral Spirits), mineral spirits, or turpentine because the harmful aromatic solvent component has been removed. It's also useful for studio and brush cleanup.. Gamsol also enables printmakers to easily modify inks... more »
- Gamblin Gamvar Picture VarnishDeveloped in collaboration with the National Gallery of Art, Gamblin Gamvar Varnish saturates and gives greater depth to the colors in your painting and gives your work a unified and protective surface. Virtually odorless and ready to apply, Gamvar goes on water-clear, stays water-clear, and can be easily and safely removed with Gamblin Gamsol Odorless Mineral Spirits.. ... more »
- Gamblin Oil GroundThis non-absorbent ground works like a traditional oil ground, leaving finished paintings brighter since the oil is left in the paint film instead of being absorbed. Two thin layers of Gamblin Ground equal four layers of acrylic gesso. Instead of linseed oil, Gamblin Ground is made with alkyd resin for increased flexibility and quicker dry time. Traditional linseed oil grounds need about six months to dry. Gamblin Ground is ready for paint application in a few days and may be used directly upon panels without sizing... more »
- Gamblin PVA SizeDiluted with distilled water, PVA size is a contemporary size for fabric support. PVA seals the fabric but does not re-absorb atmospheric moisture, preventing the size layer from swelling and shrinking. It has a neutral pH and does not yellow, plus it retains its flexibility, does not emit harmful volatiles, and protects fabric from the ground. PVA does not tighten the fabric like rabbit skin glue, so stretch fabric tightly... more »
- Gamblin Painting MediumsGamblin painting mediums offer a great deal more than simply extending oil colours. Mediums modify the working properties of oil color from the tube – from a fluid consistency for expressive mark making to a stiff paste for creating thick, crisp marks. Painting mediums also broaden the visual qualities of our colors – from increasing the transparency of paint layers, to creating a range of surface qualities, from high gloss to matte.. When a painting is completed, all of the thought, effort and emotion that went into it are reflected in the artist’s marks. Choosing the appropriate painting medium can be an essential part of making oil painting your own. With a painting medium that fits your needs, you can get into the flow of painting faster and stay there longer.. Gamblin’... more »
- Gamvar Varnish BrushThis is the only brush designed to work perfectly with Gamblin Gamvar Varnish. Get the depth of color, the saturation of color, and precisely the gloss level you want. Easily. Every time.. This brush has the correct thickness and stiffness — soft enough to contour to the texture of your work, yet stiff enough to evenly and thinly varnish your painting. Works with Gamvar Gloss, Satin, and Matte on oil and acrylic paintings... more »
How to buy
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.
About Takapuna Art Supplies
When we purchased Takapuna Art Supplies in April 2007 our intention was to make new friends and create an environment where professional and casual artists can purchase quality supplies and receive expert service and advice. Now, our most frequent comment from customers is, "what an artist's treasure-trove!" In February 2009 we added our tasart online store and we are now giving the same service, advice and selection to artists all over New Zealand. We stock over 17 thousand products and offer over 100 brand names and we continue to grow monthly with new product additions, tutorials and consumer information.
As fellow artists, we want every customer who walks into our shop or who shops on our online store, to be treated to a Smorgasbord of brand names from which they can choose. We are proud to say that we do not own the agency for any of the brands carried in our stores and, therefore, our customers can be confident that the product advice given by us is expert, sincerely informative and not tainted by conflicting profit guided prejudice. We purchase our supplies exclusively from reputable wholesalers and sell our stock at or below the manufacturer’s recommended resale price. Learn more about us...