- Calli-Sumi Brushes$7.80-$10.70Calli-Sumi brushes are made with coarse, stiff horse hair which gives a crisp touch. Each brush has been made to suit the demands of various styles of brush calligraphy and Sumi-e, an ancient syle of painting renowned for is simplicity, grace and beauty.6 items
- Yasutomo Hake Sheep Hair Brushes BH3 Hake$4.95-$16.30Yasutomo Hake brushes are unique, flat wide brushes ideal for applying media over large areas, or wash, sizing, glue and more. The flat handle and soft sheep hair give you excellent brush control. They are indispensable tools when working with delicate and absorbent Oriental papers and on art and craft projects.5 items
- Winsor & Newton Squirrel Brush$82.301 item
- Risslon Brush S4660 Mop$28.60-$62.60
Risslon is a special blend of blue squirrel hair and black taklon which can hold huge amounts of color. The reason why the black taklon has been mixed is to retain good spring and point, as only squirrel hair itself is too delicate in spite of good color carrying capacity. It comes with a gorgeous appearance with brownish-black hair and seamless metal ferrule fitted to a polished short handle. This range is ideal for water color,acrylic, gouache or silk paint.
- Mix Hair S656 Deerfoot Stippler$5.80-$15.204 items
- Hair Brush Sm100 Chinese$3.20-$10.427 items
- Hake Brush$3.80-$11.907 items
- Escoda 1214 Travel Watercolour Brushes$38.40-$145.506 items
- Escoda Reserva 1212 Round$16.40-$610.00
Considered the elite hair for watercolor, Escoda selects only the best Kolinsky male sable hair for this brush. This hair comes from the Tajmyr region in very northern Siberia. Points perfectly and has an extraordinary capacity to retain liquids.
- DAS S758 Mop$12.20-$41.005 items
- DAS S225 Red Sable Round$6.00-$109.7015 items
- DAS S716 Goat Hair Brush$1.50-$6.904 items
- DAS S3011 Squirrel Mop$3.70-$19.009 items
- Black Goat S755 Oval Mop$10.20-$23.503 items
- Art Spectrum Washmaster Brush$94.10-$166.20
A Blend of soft squirrel and extra fine synthetic filaments. Black polished short handle with stainless steel ferrules. Excellent colour carrying capacity, for smooth, even washes. Holds it's shape to a 'razor-sharp' edge, providing remarkable control for drawing, cutting in etc.
- Art Spectrum Sable Series 60$7.60-$49.008 items
- Art Spectrum Pure Sable Liner Brush$30.80-$46.90Very long pure red sable hair. Long polished black handle with nickel plated brass ferrule. The long sable hair makes this brush indispensable for long, flowing lines. A drawing brush suitable for thinned oils, acrylics, inks, gouache, watercolour etc.3 items
- Art Spectrum Full Wash Brush$27.90-$68.20
Goat hair. Short flat white handle. Generously filled brush of finest soft goat hair. Amazing capacity to lay down large amounts of colour in smooth, even washes over large areas. Retains shape after constant use.
- Trekell Lettering Quill 8060 Brushes$49.20-$180.60
Trekell’s Quill brush sports a six-inch handle for maximum maneuverability. When paired with this unique filament that mixes natural and synthetic squirrel hairs, you get a brush that glides across glass, making its marks effortlessly across smooth surfaces. But, it offers a ton of control, too, both in the amount of liquid it can soak up and disperse and the lines it can create. Letterers will love this one, but those with an open mind will find a lot to like, as well. Because, when you have a brush that’s all virtues, there are always a lot of projects that could use its expertise. Find out how a Quill can help you finish your masterpiece today.
- Robert Simmons Sapphire Brushes$7.20-$79.40
If you value the good pointing, color handling, spring, and smooth application of natural sable with the durability and value of synthetic brushes, the Sapphire line is for you.
Handmade of the finest red Kolinsky hair and synthetic filaments, Sapphire brushes can be used with all media. They feature kiln-dried beechwood handles and precision engineered 22K gold-plated ferrules.
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.