Brushes, Knives & Blenders: Natural Hair/Sable
Trekell Lettering Quill 8060 Brushes
Trekell’s Quill brush sports a six-inch handle for maximum maneuverability. When paired with this unique filament that mixes natural and synthetic squirrel hairs, you get a brush that glides across glass, making its marks effortlessly across smooth surfaces. But, it offers a ton of control, too, both in the amount of liquid it can soak up and disperse and the lines it can create. Letterers will love this one, but those with an open mind will find a lot to like, as well. Because, when you have a brush that’s all virtues, there are always a lot of projects that could use its expertise. Find out how a Quill can help you finish your masterpiece today.5 items
Robert Simmons Sapphire Brushes
If you value the good pointing, color handling, spring, and smooth application of natural sable with the durability and value of synthetic brushes, the Sapphire line is for you.28 items
Handmade of the finest red Kolinsky hair and synthetic filaments, Sapphire brushes can be used with all media. They feature kiln-dried beechwood handles and precision engineered 22K gold-plated ferrules.
Calli-Sumi brushes are made with coarse, stiff horse hair which gives a crisp touch. Each brush has been made to suit the demands of various styles of brush calligraphy and Sumi-e, an ancient syle of painting renowned for is simplicity, grace and beauty.6 items
Yasutomo Hake Sheep Hair Brushes BH3 Hake
Yasutomo Hake brushes are unique, flat wide brushes ideal for applying media over large areas, or wash, sizing, glue and more. The flat handle and soft sheep hair give you excellent brush control. They are indispensable tools when working with delicate and absorbent Oriental papers and on art and craft projects.5 items
- Winsor & Newton Squirrel Brush $41.70 - $201.10 11 items
- Royal S900 Camel Hair Mop $8.86 - $13.32 3 items
- Risslon Brush S4660 Mop $28.60 - $62.60 3 items
- Mix Hair S656 Deerfoot Stippler $5.80 - $15.20 4 items
- Haydn Squirrel China Painting Brush $7.20 - $14.30 3 items
- Haydn S700F Brush $6.45 - $10.15 3 items
- Haydn S100L Brush $9.10 - $34.20 4 items
- Haydn S100 Brush $9.40 - $171.50 6 items
- Hair Brush Sm100 Chinese $3.20 - $10.42 7 items
- Hake Brush $3.80 - $11.90 7 items
- Escoda 1214 Travel Watercolour Brushes $38.40 - $145.50 6 items
Escoda Reserva 1212 Round
Considered the elite hair for watercolor, Escoda selects only the best Kolinsky male sable hair for this brush. This hair comes from the Tajmyr region in very northern Siberia. Points perfectly and has an extraordinary capacity to retain liquids.16 items
- DAS S758 Mop $12.20 - $40.99 5 items
- DAS S225 Red Sable Round $5.80 - $106.50 15 items
- DAS S716 Goat Hair Brush $1.50 - $6.70 4 items
- DAS S3011 Squirrel Mop $3.60 - $18.50 9 items
- Black Goat S755 Oval Mop $10.20 - $23.50 3 items
Art Spectrum Washmaster Brush
A Blend of soft squirrel and extra fine synthetic filaments. Black polished short handle with stainless steel ferrules. Excellent colour carrying capacity, for smooth, even washes. Holds it's shape to a 'razor-sharp' edge, providing remarkable control for drawing, cutting in etc.3 items
- Art Spectrum Sable Series 60 $7.10 - $45.20 8 items
Art Spectrum Pure Sable Liner Brush
Very long pure red sable hair. Long polished black handle with nickel plated brass ferrule. The long sable hair makes this brush indispensable for long, flowing lines. A drawing brush suitable for thinned oils, acrylics, inks, gouache, watercolour etc.3 items
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.