Princeton Gesso Brushes
A large natural bristle brush with wood handle ideal for priming canvas or doing large washes. Hand crafted in the U.S.A.
- Princeton Art & Brush Co.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- RGM Classic Painting KnifeThese high-quality painting knives are offered at an exceptionally low price. They are manufactured of quality, seamless carbon steel and feature solid brass ferrules and hardwood handles with peg holes. Each blade is tempered and ground by hand to assure consistent flexibility and quality... more »
- Winsor & Newton White GessoThis gesso is made from the highest quality acrylic resin. It has a superior level of pigmentation to give maximum covering power, so one coat is usually enough. It is fast drying and opaque and dries to give an excellent level of tooth and a balance absorbency. It dries to a non-yellowing, flexible ground suitable for acrylic oil and alkyd painting... more »
- GamsolGamsol is an excellent solvent for thinning Gamblin mediums and for general painting. It evaporates 100% and leaves no residue in paint layers. Gamsol is less toxic than other brands of OMS (Odorless Mineral Spirits), mineral spirits, or turpentine because the harmful aromatic solvent component has been removed. It's also useful for studio and brush cleanup.. Gamsol also enables printmakers to easily modify inks... more »
- Gamvar Picture VarnishDeveloped in collaboration with the National Gallery of Art, Gamblin Gamvar Varnish saturates and gives greater depth to the colors in your painting and gives your work a unified and protective surface. Virtually odorless and ready to apply, Gamvar goes on water-clear, stays water-clear, and can be easily and safely removed with Gamblin Gamsol Odorless Mineral Spirits.. ... more »
- Gamblin Oil GroundThis non-absorbent ground works like a traditional oil ground, leaving finished paintings brighter since the oil is left in the paint film instead of being absorbed. Two thin layers of Gamblin Ground equal four layers of acrylic gesso. Instead of linseed oil, Gamblin Ground is made with alkyd resin for increased flexibility and quicker dry time. Traditional linseed oil grounds need about six months to dry. Gamblin Ground is ready for paint application in a few days and may be used directly upon panels without sizing... more »
- Daler-Rowney Georgian Oils 225mlTraditionally crafted and triple-milled in England, Georgian Oil Colours provide colour consistency from wet to dry and even performance and finish across all colours... more »
- Jacquard Lumiere 2.25ozLumiere colors are brilliant metallics while Neopaque are solid opaque colors. Both are super-smooth, light body acrylics that glide onto any surface when airbrushed or hand painted with a soft brush. They may also be screened, stamped, stenciled, marbled or printed. All of the intermixable colors are truly opaque and bright, even on dark backgrounds. Their high pigmentation provides excellent coverage with just one pass of a brush or airbrush. In 2.25 oz. bottles... more »
- Jacquard Neopaque 2.25ozLumiere colors are brilliant metallics while Neopaque are solid opaque colors. Both are super-smooth, light body acrylics that glide onto any surface when airbrushed or hand painted with a soft brush. They may also be screened, stamped, stenciled, marbled or printed. All of the intermixable colors are truly opaque and bright, even on dark backgrounds. Their high pigmentation provides excellent coverage with just one pass of a brush or airbrush. In 2.25 oz. bottles... more »
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.
About Takapuna Art Supplies
Located in downtown Takapuna Beach on the North Shore, our store has been serving the local art community for more than twenty years. We are owned and operated by working, professional artists and have become the place where like minded creatives choose to gather, share and inspire.
We are the only art supply store in the greater Auckland area that has a working artists' studio on premises. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff are always happy, willing and able to demonstrate techniques and share tips on the use of various artist materials.
Our focus is to encourage the pursuit of personal artistic expression and to share our expertise and love for the visual arts.
- Jim Auckland & Sandy Collins