Oil pastels (also called wax oil crayons) are a painting and drawing medium with characteristics similar to pastels and wax crayons. Unlike "soft" or "French" pastel sticks, which are made with a gum or methyl cellulose binder, oil pastels consist of pigment mixed with a non-drying oil and wax binder. Oil pastels provide a harder edge than "soft" or "French" pastels and are best layered rather than blended. Caran d'Ache, introduced Neocolor wax crayons onto the market in 1965, using a patented polyethylene wax with superior lubrication and in the nineties these were developed into the oil pastel, Neopastel.
- Caran d'Ache Neopastel Sets 4 items
Caran d'Ache Neopastel Crayons
Neopastels are professional quality oil pastels with superb smoothness and blendability. These pastels are absolutely dustless. They are made from permanent pigments that are equally suited to intense coloring, delicate shading, and subtle transition of hue. Individual pastels measure 62mm × 9mm.... more »96 items
- Gallery Oil Pastels NZD $1.30 44 items
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.