Schmincke Soft Pastels
Unmatched in their softness and consistency, Schmincke soft pastels were created using the finest artist's pigments and a minimum of binders. The softness of the pastels permits a beautiful dense application, and the extremely high pigment concentration results in great color intensity.
Sticks are rich and buttery in texture. The pigments slide right off the stick without any crumbling or breaking. Schmincke Pastels are prepared by hand and by traditional machines, and also labeled by hand to help prevent breakage. Schmincke's generously sized full stick measures 2-5/8" long × 7/16" in diameter (67 mm × 11 mm).
Schmincke offers 55 pure colors, each of them available as a pure color (D), or in gradations with Black (B) and White (H, M, O):
- B — Black gradation with a color.
- D — Pure color, no added black or white.
- H — White gradation with a color.
- M — Gradation with more white.
- O — Gradation with still more white.
Schmincke Artist Pastels also include a selection of 13 Dark Tones, available only in one concentrated gradation. White, Black, Serious Black, Silver, and Gold are also available only in a single gradation.
- Titanium Yellow 007B
$9.00$6.30Out of Stock
- Permanent Yellow 1 Lemon 002H
- Vanadium Yellow Light 008H
- Vanadium Yellow Light 008M
- Vanadium Yellow Deep 009M
- Permanent Yellow 2 Light 003H
- Carmine Red 046M
- Madder Lake 045M
- Rose Madder 047O
- Mossy Green 1 075M
- Mossy Green 1 075O
- Mossy Green 2 076M
- Mossy Green 2 076O
- Leaf Green 2 073B
- Leaf Green 2 073D
$9.00$6.30Out of Stock
- Leaf Green 2 073H
- Leaf Green 2 073M
- Leaf Green 2 073O
- Leaf Green Deep 070M
- Leaf Green Deep 070O
- Verona Green 082O
- Chromium Oxide Green 084B
$9.00$6.30Out of Stock
- Chromium Oxide Green 084H
- Chromium Oxide Green 084M
- Chromium Oxide Green 084O
- Olive Green 2 086M
- Caput Mortuum Pale 023H
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Art Spectrum Soft PastelsArt Spectrum Soft Pastels provide the artist with colours that are pure, brilliant and intense, and remain that way. The very best pigments are selected and triple milled at maximum concentration to bring out the finest colour and provide the rich, velvety bloom valued by pastellists. This method of production produces smouldering darks, brilliant and intense pure colours and a range of subtle and delicate tints. All Art Spectrum pure pigment pastels are free from heavy metals, asbestos or other toxic substances... more »
- Rembrandt Soft PastelsThe history of Royal Talens goes back to 1899. Rembrandt Soft Pastels have since become one of the most popular artist pastels in the world... more »
- Art Spectrum Pastel SetsArt Spectrum Pastels are packed with pigment to give you more colour and more value. Only the highest quality ASTM* approved pigments are used to ensure lightfastness. You can be sure that Art Spectrum pastels will always maintain their strength of colour... more »
- Art Spectrum Extra Soft Pastels
- Prismacolor Premier Thick Core Pencils$3.95These high quality, best selling colored pencils have soft, thick leads, unmatched in brilliance, point strength and blending quality. Their permanent pigments in wax binder, resist fading and due to a special bonding process, they also resist crumbling. Colors include primary hues, mid-tones, grays, neons and metallics. The round cedar wood case is finished to match the lead color... more »
- Strathmore Series 500 Mixed Media SketchbooksThese hard-bound art books contain the same high-quality paper used in Strathmore fine art pads. Their lightly-textured matte covers are a dark chocolate brown and the durable Smyth-sewn binding allows pages to lay flat. The 500 Series Mixed Media Art Books feature 90 lb. (190 gsm) 100% cotton fiber, acid- and lignin-free archival paper that is excellent for watercolor, gouache, acrylic, graphite, pen and ink, colored pencil, marker, pastel and collage. The paper is internally sized for wet media with a durable vellum finish for drawing techniques... more »
- Faber-Castell Pitt Pastel Pencils$3.80PITT artists' pastel pencils, with their oil-free pastel leads, are used by artists not only as the perfect complement to pastel crayons for elaborating fine details, but also on their own. Many artists who enjoy pastel techniques and their versatility, but not the dirty hands and coloured dust that accompany them, have opted to use these special pencils. PITT pastel pencils have a very compact lead which is economical to use. The lead contains a high level of pigment, making the pencils ideally suited both to drawing lines and shading, as well as blending and merging into delicate colour transitions. The colour selection in this range places a particular emphasis on the muted shades and earth tones that are especially important for pastel drawing... more »
- NupastelsA pastel that's just right! They're tougher than traditional soft pastels, but maintain the same rich, creamy pigments needed for superior blending and shading. Artists of all expertise levels can benefit from these pastels... more »
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.
About Takapuna Art Supplies
Located in downtown Takapuna Beach on the North Shore, our store has been serving the local art community for more than twenty years. We are owned and operated by working, professional artists and have become the place where like minded creatives choose to gather, share and inspire.
We are the only art supply store in the greater Auckland area that has a working artists' studio on premises. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff are always happy, willing and able to demonstrate techniques and share tips on the use of various artist materials.
Our focus is to encourage the pursuit of personal artistic expression and to share our expertise and love for the visual arts.
- Jim Auckland & Sandy Collins