Linocut and drypoint are types of relief printing; where the ink goes on the original surface of the matrix. Relief techniques also include: woodcut or woodblock as the Asian forms are usually known, wood engraving and metalcut.
- Lino Roll$499.00Soft flexible vinyl material for carving printmaking masters. Features easy cutting with school scissors or traditional block cutting tools. The flexible vinyl material can be drawn on with various media. Self-adhesive back for easy mounting on wood or cardboard. Prints well with any inks using brayer, barren or spoon pressure. 12" x 30'
- Karve Majik$26.50-$62.20
Soft printmaking plate featuring 2 layers of material (White & Black). Plates are dense yet pliable, won’t crack or crumble and has an indefinite shelf life. See your design/artwork revealed as you carve into the white top surface. Available in a variety of sizes.
- Eco Printing Plates$13.60-$49.00
“GREEN” environmentally friendly carving material for printmaking. Easy to carve surface is made from recycled, “latex-free”, non-toxic material. 3/8” thickness allows for both sides to be used. Plates are dense yet pliable, won’t crack or crumble and has an indefinite shelf life. The weight of material eliminates slipping and sliding.
- Presto Foam Pack of 12$18.40-$35.00
These “butter-soft” foam printing plates require only the slightest pressure to create a working impression which eliminates the need for sharp pointed tools. The perfect choice for the younger student because it gives them an opportunity to develop their printmaking skills. Also available with a non-slip adhesive backing which allows for the creation of larger designs.
- Mastercut Blocks$6.30-$17.90
Carve your own printing stamps using this amazingly easy to carve, eraser-like material. This double-sided material can be drawn upon with a pen or pencil due to its light colour and ink receptive surface. It can be used with ink pads or block printing inks for a multitude of creative possibilities. Supplied in packs of two.
- Plexiplate$2.50-$14.304 items
- Lino Blocks$3.70-$39.606 items
- Speedball Speedy-Carve$12.50-$36.60
Make your own personalized rubber stamps with these easy-to-cut rubber blocks. Transfer artwork to these blocks via heat from an ordinary clothes iron and then carve around the resulting image to create your own special stamp.
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.