Liquitex Gloss Varnish
This water-resistant varnish delivers permanent, highly-durable protection that is flexible and non-yellowing when dry. A 100% acrylic polymer varnish, Liquitex Gloss Varnish is water-soluble when wet and can be thinned. Non-removable.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- PanPastelsPanPastel Colors are genuine artists’ quality pastels, uniquely packed in a pan format; available in a range of 80 colors.PanPastel Colors were developed so that artists can easily lift, apply and control pastel color, just like true painting! The pan format holds the color like paint for easy application. Loaded with the highest quality artists’ pigments; PanPastel Colors are made using a unique manufacturing process requiring minimal binder and fillers, resulting in a rich, ultra soft and low dust formulation. All of these professional quality colors are highly pigmented, have excellent lightfastness and are fully erasable. Each pan contains 35%* more material than the average pastel stick. PanPastel Colors are fully compatible with traditional pastel sticks, pastel surfaces, con... more »
- Liquitex Gloss Medium & VarnishLiquitex Gloss Medium is also known as "Gloss Medium Varnish." Use it as a non-removable final picture varnish where a glossy protective coat is desired, or as a painting and glazing medium. It enhances the depth of color intensity, increases transparency and gloss, eases the flow of paint, and adds flexibility and adhesion to the paint film. Translucent when wet, and transparent when dry, this 100% acrylic polymer varnish is water-soluble when wet and can be thinned. Use it as an extender, a fixative, a ground, or a varnish... more »
- Hard Rubber Blenders
- Fredrix Canvas PanelsThe closely woven fine artist canvas, prepared by sizing and priming with the most durable materials available. The surface texture provides a very definite paint-gripping “tooth” with minimum vehicle absorption, providing a perfect painting support... more »
- Fredrix Canvas PadsFredrix Canvas Pads contain genuine artist canvas, primed and ready for use with any medium.. Each pad contains 10 sheets. ... more »
- Strathmore Series 300 Watercolor PadsAn economical, heavy weight (300gsm), acid-free paper with a rough, non-mechanical surface that adapts beautifully to a variety of watercolor techniques. 12 sheets per pad... more »
- Sharpie Oil-Based Paint MarkersA permanent, oil-based opaque paint marker that marks on most surfaces, including glass, metal, rubber, plastic, paper, wood and more. Great for art and crafts. The paint is xylene-free, quick drying and water-, fade-, and abrasion-resistant. Available in four point sizes: extra-fine, fine, medium and bold... more »
- Stabilo CarbOthello Pastel PencilsThese German-made pencils are world famous for their quality, lightfast pigments. Their opaque, water-soluble colors blend beautifully and erase easily. The large-diameter lead can make broad strokes or be sharpened to a fine point for details and lettering.Draw with CarbOthello pencils as you would draw with a pastel stick. CarbOthello pencils can also be used like watercolor pencils — they respond instantly to a wet brush or pre-dampened paper. Pencils have semi-soft leads in a woodcased pencil form and are pre-sharpened... more »
- General's Charcoal Pencils
- Bombay India InksDr. Ph. Martin's Bombay India Inks offer powerful color in a convenient dropper-stopper glass bottle. These highly pigmented India inks not only remain lightfast and permanent, but are also totally waterproof when dry. They adhere to nearly all surfaces and are non-clogging when used in pens.. Inks can be diluted with water and used with brushes in traditional watercolor techniques or in dip pens, technical drawing pens, and airbrushes. All colors are brilliant and transparent, except Black and White, which are opaque and have excellent covering power... more »
- Stabilo Woody PencilsThis chunky pencil functions as a coloured pencil, watercolour and wax crayon in one. Perfect for numerous techniques and endless imagination, the extra-thick, 10mm lead provides soft, rich strokes. Outstanding watercolour properties make it ideal for painting with. The highly pigmented lead is not prone to breakage. It exhibits high luminosity and color intensity even on dark papers. It can also write on smooth surfaces like glass... more »
- China MarkerA soft, crayon-like pencil-style marker designed to mark on both porous and non-porous surfaces such as glass or ceramics. Paper wrapped... more »
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.
About Takapuna Art Supplies
Located in downtown Takapuna Beach on the North Shore, our store has been serving the local art community for more than twenty years. We are owned and operated by working, professional artists and have become the place where like minded creatives choose to gather, share and inspire.
We are the only art supply store in the greater Auckland area that has a working artists' studio on premises. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff are always happy, willing and able to demonstrate techniques and share tips on the use of various artist materials.
Our focus is to encourage the pursuit of personal artistic expression and to share our expertise and love for the visual arts.
- Jim Auckland & Sandy Collins