- M Graham Walnut Oil 8 ounce$23.95Out of Stock
Walnut oil effectively removes color from artists' brushes and is a natural vegetable oil that does not evaporate or remove essential oils from the artists' brushes. The addition of walnut oil to color will slow drying, enhance flow and increase sheen.Our walnut oil medium is compatible with other artists oil colors and mediums.
- Res N Gel$38.95Out of Stock
Mixing medium for oil color. Accelerates drying time and adds textural effects. In a 150ml tube.
- Art Spectrum Varnishes$18.30-$298.3012 items
- Archival Painting Mediums$13.30-$62.2012 items
- Winsor & Newton Artisan Mediums$21.80-$39.957 items
- Art Spectrum Painting Mediums$13.30-$63.0022 items
- Winsor & Newton Painting Mediums$18.00-$90.9015 items
- Daler-Rowney Painting Mediums$15.00-$42.3013 items
- Gamblin Painting Mediums$11.40-$220.0023 items
- Gamblin Oil Ground$44.90-$85.50
This non-absorbent ground works like a traditional oil ground, leaving finished paintings brighter since the oil is left in the paint film instead of being absorbed. Two thin layers of Gamblin Ground equal four layers of acrylic gesso. Instead of linseed oil, Gamblin Ground is made with alkyd resin for increased flexibility and quicker dry time. Traditional linseed oil grounds need about six months to dry. Gamblin Ground is ready for paint application in a few days and may be used directly upon panels without sizing.
- Gamvar Picture Varnish$43.40-$71.40
Developed in collaboration with the National Gallery of Art, Gamblin Gamvar Varnish saturates and gives greater depth to the colors in your painting and gives your work a unified and protective surface. Virtually odorless and ready to apply, Gamvar goes on water-clear, stays water-clear, and can be easily and safely removed with Gamblin Gamsol Odorless Mineral Spirits.
Gamsol is an excellent solvent for thinning Gamblin mediums and for general painting. It evaporates 100% and leaves no residue in paint layers. Gamsol is less toxic than other brands of OMS (Odorless Mineral Spirits), mineral spirits, or turpentine because the harmful aromatic solvent component has been removed. It's also useful for studio and brush cleanup.
Gamsol also enables printmakers to easily modify inks.
- Art Spectrum Medium No.1$23.50
Often an excessive amount of gum turpentine is used as a substitute for a ‘lean’ medium. Too much gum turpentine ‘denatures’ the oil paint in the lean layers. This leaves an underbound pigment when the paint dries which can be easily brushed off. Medium No. 1 contains the minimum formulated account of Stand Oil to cross-link the medium and the oil paint, preventing the breakdown of the vehicle and ensuring permanency.
- Art Spectrum Medium No.2 (fat)
Medium No. 2 is a fat medium. It contains more oil than Medium No. 1. It should be mixed with the oil paint as the layers of painting develop. It has some of the properties of a glazing medium but it is preferable to use Art Spectrum 24-hour Glazing Medium if very thin veils of colour are desired.
- Art Spectrum Medium No.3 (very fat)
Medium No. 3 is a thicker medium than No. 2. It is for painters who like a heavier, more viscous, medium. It is ideal for artists who paint in many layers. The artist begins with Medium No. 1, then uses Medium No. 2, then finally Medium No. 3.
- Art Spectrum Medium No.4 Liquol
A fast drying free-flowing self levelling medium for oils. Excellent to thin glazing, transparent painting, blending and extending brush detail.
- Art Spectrum Painting Gel (Glazing)
- Art Spectrum Wax Medium
A brushable wax and oil medium. Mix with oil paint to impart a lustrous satin finish.
- Art Spectrum Stand Linseed Oil
Stand Oil is a heat thickened linseed oil mainly used as a levelling agent in mediums. Slower drying, Stand Oil imparts gloss to oil paints and dries to a tough, elastic film.
- Art Spectrum Retouch Varnish
A removable light gloss varnish. Brush or spray small areas or complete painting where the colour is dull, sunken or needs a temporary protective varnish. Clean or remove with Mineral Turpentine.
- Art Spectrum Refined Linseed Oil
Finest quality Refined Linseed oil, reduces consistency of oil paints and imparts extra gloss. Being a natural drying oil, Linseed oil has little or no allergy reactions.
- Art Spectrum Pure Gum Turpentine$12.80-$234.80
Double distilled for artists' use. Use in the preparation of painting mediums and for cleaning equipment. Do not use neat as a diluent for oil paint.
- Art Spectrum Oil Prime$64.95
Oil Prime is a unique oil/acrylic resin blend. The 40% linseed oil content provides controlled absorbency, which maintains the natural glow of oil pint. Non-toxic, non-flammable and equipment washes up with water.
- Art Spectrum Matt Wax Varnish
A satin matt final varnish for oils, acrylic, and most surfaces. Easiest to apply warm with clean, lint-free rag or brush. When dry, buff to desired gloss with soft cloth. Removable with Gum Turpentine.
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.