- M Graham Walnut Oil 8 ounce$23.95Out of Stock
Walnut oil effectively removes color from artists' brushes and is a natural vegetable oil that does not evaporate or remove essential oils from the artists' brushes. The addition of walnut oil to color will slow drying, enhance flow and increase sheen.Our walnut oil medium is compatible with other artists oil colors and mediums.
- Res N Gel$38.95
Mixing medium for oil color. Accelerates drying time and adds textural effects. In a 150ml tube.
- Art Spectrum Varnishes$18.30-$298.3012 items
- Archival Painting Mediums$13.30-$62.2012 items
- Winsor & Newton Artisan Mediums$21.80-$39.957 items
- Art Spectrum Painting Mediums$13.30-$63.0024 items
- Winsor & Newton Painting Mediums$18.00-$90.9015 items
- Daler-Rowney Painting Mediums$15.00-$42.3013 items
- Gamblin Painting Mediums$11.40-$220.0022 items
- Gamblin Oil Ground$44.90-$85.50
This non-absorbent ground works like a traditional oil ground, leaving finished paintings brighter since the oil is left in the paint film instead of being absorbed. Two thin layers of Gamblin Ground equal four layers of acrylic gesso. Instead of linseed oil, Gamblin Ground is made with alkyd resin for increased flexibility and quicker dry time. Traditional linseed oil grounds need about six months to dry. Gamblin Ground is ready for paint application in a few days and may be used directly upon panels without sizing.
- Gamvar Picture Varnish$43.40-$71.40
Developed in collaboration with the National Gallery of Art, Gamblin Gamvar Varnish saturates and gives greater depth to the colors in your painting and gives your work a unified and protective surface. Virtually odorless and ready to apply, Gamvar goes on water-clear, stays water-clear, and can be easily and safely removed with Gamblin Gamsol Odorless Mineral Spirits.
Gamsol is an excellent solvent for thinning Gamblin mediums and for general painting. It evaporates 100% and leaves no residue in paint layers. Gamsol is less toxic than other brands of OMS (Odorless Mineral Spirits), mineral spirits, or turpentine because the harmful aromatic solvent component has been removed. It's also useful for studio and brush cleanup.
Gamsol also enables printmakers to easily modify inks.
- Art Spectrum Stand Linseed Oil
Stand Oil is a heat thickened linseed oil mainly used as a levelling agent in mediums. Slower drying, Stand Oil imparts gloss to oil paints and dries to a tough, elastic film.
- Art Spectrum Pure Gum Turpentine$12.80-$234.80
Double distilled for artists' use. Use in the preparation of painting mediums and for cleaning equipment. Do not use neat as a diluent for oil paint.
- Art Spectrum Oil Prime$58.50-$107.90
Oil Prime is a unique oil/acrylic resin blend. The 40% linseed oil content provides controlled absorbency, which maintains the natural glow of oil pint. Non-toxic, non-flammable and equipment washes up with water.
- Art Spectrum Odourless Solvent$14.50-$238.00
Ideal for artists who are sensitive to the odour of turpentine. Use to cleaning brushes and as an additive to mediums.
- Art Spectrum Citrus Turpentine$29.60-$124.50
Use sparingly as a diluent for oil paint, mediums and for cleaning brushes.
- Art Spectrum Artists Turpentine$11.80-$181.00
Artists' Turpentine has less tack than Gum Turpentine. Use in the preparation of painting mediums and for cleaning equipment. Do not use neat as a diluent for oil paint.
- Art Spectrum Art Clean$46.60-$92.60
Perfect for all applications in the studio such as cleaning brushes, palettes, hands as well as a large range of household applications. Fragrant Art Clean is made from a blend of natural extracts. Colour and aroma variation is natural. Art Clean contains no petroleum based solvents and no harmful bleaches.
- Matisse Mm29 Satin Varnish (turps-based)$41.30-$70.502 items
- Matisse Mm15 Matt Varnish (turps-based)$41.30-$70.502 items
- Matisse Mm14 Hi-Gloss Varnish (turps-based)$41.30-$70.502 items
- Matisse Mm17 250ml Patina (Oil)$24.80
This product available on 'Special Order, only.
- Archival Oil Odourless Solvent$15.60-$61.00
A general purpose, low toxicity solvent which may be used as a safe replacement to gum and mineral turpentine for thinning paint and cleaning brushes.
It's slow evaporation rate 1/16th that of mineral turps and its low toxicity combine to produce a painting environment which 16 x 3 = 48 times less toxic than turpentine.
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.