Mediums, Solvents, Varnishes & Grounds: Watercolour
- Art Spectrum Gum Arabic 50ml$21.00Out of Stock
- Dr Martin's Frisket Mask Liquid2 items
These liquids work great for masking off areas and will seal well on most surfaces. The Level 1 formula peels off clean without tearing paper. Level 2 is a thinner liquid that features a soft grip, and produces an easy-lift peel so the mask will come off in one piece without crumbling. AP approved non-toxic and conforms to ASTM Standard D-4236.
- Daler-Rowney Rown 75ml OX Gall Solution$17.50Improves the wetting and increases the flow of watercolour. Only add a few drops of Ox Gall to the mixing water.
- Daler-Rowney 75ml Gum Arabic Solution$18.20Increases the gloss and transparency of watercolours.
- Daler-Rowney 75ml Art Masking Fluid$17.70Used to create striking white highlights or areas for overpainting at a later stage.
- Daler-Rowney 175ml Art Masking Fluid$33.00
- Daler-Rowney Simply 75ml Art Masking Fluid$16.10Out of Stock
- Daler-Rowney Rown 75ml Poster & Watercolour Varnish$17.50Apply one coat for a glossy surface on watercolours, poster or gouache paintings and designs.
- Art Spectrum Masking Fluid2 items
A rubber latex solution which is painted over any dry area you wish to keep free of colour. Allow the masking fluid to dry before over-painting. Peel or rub off with fingers or suitable eraser when paint is dry.
- Winsor & Newton Blending Medium 75ml$17.30
This liquid is used to slow the drying rate of water colours allowing more time for blending. It is particularly useful in hot climates where artists would like their water colours to stay open and workable for a longer period of time.
- Winsor & Newton Permanent Masking Medium 75ml$21.50
This medium is used to mask specific areas of paper, making them resistant to water. It can also be mixed with water colours and is ideal for isolating areas of fine detail. Unlike Art Masking Fluid, Permanent Masking Medium is not removable.
- Winsor & Newton Ox Gall Liquid 75Ml$21.50Out of Stock
A wetting agent used to improve flow when mixed directly with water colours. It can also be used on very hard sized papers to reduce surface tension.
- Winsor & Newton Gum Arabic 75ml$21.50
A pale coloured solution that increases the gloss and transparency of water colour. It can be thinned with water.
- Winsor & Newton Granulation Medium 75ml$21.50
Gives mottled or granular appearance to colours which usually give a smooth wash. For maximum effect dilute colour with medium alone. Dilution with additional water will provide a variety of results.
- Winsor & Newton Art Masking Fluid 75ml$22.95
Masks work on paper when colour is applied in broad washes.
- Winsor & Newton Aquapasto 60ml$22.25Out of Stock
Aquapasto is a transparent gel medium that reduces flow and gives a bodied effect to water colour and gouache.
- Winsor & Newton Watercolour Texture Medium 75ml$21.50
Texture medium contains fine particles and can be used to give the impression of depth and structure to water colour paintings. It is ideal for emphasising areas such as sandy beaches or the bark of a tree in figurative paintings. Used with multiple washes, Texture Medium catches different layers of colour and really gives a new dimension to water colour painting.
- Winsor & Newton Watercolour Iridescent Medium 75ml$21.50This medium gives pearlescent or glitter effects to your water colours. It can be mixed directly with water colours or applied over a dried wash.
- Daler-Rowney Gum Arabic 75ml$18.20Increases the gloss and transparency of watercolours.
- Daler-Rowney Masking Fluid 75ml$17.70Use when areas of your work require protection from washes of water-based colour.
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.