Catalyst Silicone Wedges
Designed for use with heavy-bodied paints, these wedges are made of engineered silicone and are ergonomically designed to fit in the hand allowing a direct interaction with art work. They are ideal for oils, acrylics and water-miscible oils, and because they are heat-resistant, they excel at encaustics as well. They also work well with plaster, clay and even frosting. Made of FDA-approved silicone, they are also are great for food crafting. The silicone is easy to wipe clean and is solvent resistant. Clean up in most cases can be done with mild soap and water. Dried paint can be peeled off the silicone surface.
- Princeton Art & Brush Co.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Bombay India InksDr. Ph. Martin's Bombay India Inks offer powerful color in a convenient dropper-stopper glass bottle. These highly pigmented India inks not only remain lightfast and permanent, but are also totally waterproof when dry. They adhere to nearly all surfaces and are non-clogging when used in pens.. Inks can be diluted with water and used with brushes in traditional watercolor techniques or in dip pens, technical drawing pens, and airbrushes. All colors are brilliant and transparent, except Black and White, which are opaque and have excellent covering power... more »
- Neptune Synthetic Squirrel BrushesPrinceton has done it again. Almost 20 years ago, Princeton gave artists a synthetic version of sable that was almost the equal of fine Kolinsky and is still the standard for performance for its rivals. "When we set out to create a synthetic version of squirrel we developed a brush that may actually outperform the natural version. Neptune is our thirstiest brush ever delivering oceans of color to the sheet. Experts in natural hair have been incredulous that this is actually synthetic. We are proud to offer Neptune in a beautiful range of shapes including mottlers and quills. The beautiful sea glass handles of our aquarelle brushes are the signature of the line."... more »
- Gamvar Picture VarnishDeveloped in collaboration with the National Gallery of Art, Gamblin Gamvar Varnish saturates and gives greater depth to the colors in your painting and gives your work a unified and protective surface. Virtually odorless and ready to apply, Gamvar goes on water-clear, stays water-clear, and can be easily and safely removed with Gamblin Gamsol Odorless Mineral Spirits.. ... more »
- Atelier Free Flow Artists' Acrylic 250ml
- Liquitex Professional Acrylic InkRe-think ink! These professional grade acrylic inks are extremely fluid so there is no need to dilute for use. They are fast drying, water resistant, non-clogging and permanent. Superfine pigments are suspended in a state-of-the-art acrylic emulsion to provide rich color. All inks are intermixable with the other Liquitex acrylics and mediums. Available in opaque and transparent colors in dropper bottles... more »
- Gamblin Painting Mediums
- Pinata Alcohol Inks 1/2 OunceBeautiful, color-saturated, acid-free, transparent inks. They have an alcohol base which makes them indelible and moisture-resistant when dry, and allows you to use them on almost any surface as long as it’s clean and oil free. Highly versatile, Piñata can be used in a variety of applications, including rubber stamping, fine art, fiber art and scrap booking. It can also be used in calligraphy, faux finishing techniques, airbrush applications, wood and leather staining and more. The colors silver and rich gold are formulated with real metal pigments and are super opaque. 1/2 ounce bottles... more »
- Gamvar Varnish BrushThis is the only brush designed to work perfectly with Gamblin Gamvar Varnish. Get the depth of color, the saturation of color, and precisely the gloss level you want. Easily. Every time.. This brush has the correct thickness and stiffness — soft enough to contour to the texture of your work, yet stiff enough to evenly and thinly varnish your painting. Works with Gamvar Gloss, Satin, and Matte on oil and acrylic paintings... more »
How to buy
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.
About Takapuna Art Supplies
Located in downtown Takapuna Beach on the North Shore, our store has been serving the local art community for more than twenty years. We are owned and operated by working, professional artists and have become the place where like minded creatives choose to gather, share and inspire.
We are the only art supply store in the greater Auckland area that has a working artists' studio on premises. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff are always happy, willing and able to demonstrate techniques and share tips on the use of various artist materials.
Our focus is to encourage the pursuit of personal artistic expression and to share our expertise and love for the visual arts.
- Jim Auckland & Sandy Collins