Catalyst Silicone Wedges W-05
Designed for use with heavy-bodied paints, these wedges are made of engineered silicone and are ergonomically designed to fit in the hand allowing a direct interaction with art work. They are ideal for oils, acrylics and water-miscible oils, and because they are heat-resistant, they excel at encaustics as well. They also work well with plaster, clay and even frosting. Made of FDA-approved silicone, they are also are great for food crafting. The silicone is easy to wipe clean and is solvent resistant. Clean up in most cases can be done with mild soap and water. Dried paint can be peeled off the silicone surface.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Liquitex Heavy Body 138mlLiquitex, the prestigious brand of professional artists' acrylic colors, with high pigment content, are the inventors of artists' acrylics... more »
- Mix Hair S656 Deerfoot Stippler
- Taklon S9901 Liner
- Yasutomo Hake Sheep Hair Brushes BH3 HakeYasutomo Hake brushes are unique, flat wide brushes ideal for applying media over large areas, or wash, sizing, glue and more. The flat handle and soft sheep hair give you excellent brush control. They are indispensable tools when working with delicate and absorbent Oriental papers and on art and craft projects... more »
- Liquid Metal AcrylicThese rich and lustrous faux-metallic colors give projects a touch of elegance with great coverage and durability. Perfect for signs, murals, sculptures, stage designs, and large-and small-scale art projects, these acrylics can create any metallic effect desired. They are acid-free and come in convenient clear, wide mouth jars for easy access to paint... more »
- GossamerAt only 25 gsm, this tree-free paper features a “gossamer veil” of delicate mulberry fibers, suspended like silken diaphanous webs between criss-crossed threads. Tattered edges add to its handmade beauty. Excellent for use in fine art collage or home decor projects. Or adhere it to a translucent substrate to let the light peak through the open weave pattern.. 21"x 30" 25gsm, Handmade, Acid Free... more »
- Catalyst Silicone BladesDesigned for use with heavy-bodied paints, these blades are made of engineered silicone and are mounted on artist brush handles offering a blend of tradition and innovation. They are ideal for oils, acrylics and water-miscible oils, and because they are heat-resistant, they excel at encaustics as well. They also work well with plaster, clay and even frosting. Made of FDA-approved silicone, they are also are great for food crafting. The silicone is easy to wipe clean and is solvent resistant. Clean up in most cases can be done with mild soap and water. Dried paint can be peeled off the silicone surface. The blades can even be separated from their wood handles for cleaning and easily replaced when dry... more »
- Gamblin Artist Oil Colors 37mlGamblin Artist's Oil Colors are crafted by hand with the well-being of artists, their work, and the environment in mind. True to historic working properties, yet safer and more permanent, they combine the best traditions of the past with the latest technical innovations, giving you the freedom to create without compromise... more »
- Gamblin Painting Mediums
- Liquitex Heavy Body Muted Collection 59mlThis is the first time Liquitex has introduced a color collection! These unique tones have been inspired by current trends. Each color has a muted, subtle character and together are a tonal palette.. Grey, Pink, Turquoise, Green and Violet: get to grips with perfect color matching and intermixability. Our Ink, Soft Body and Heavy Body work seamlessly together. We get technical so you can get creative... more »
- Inktense PencilsThese lightfast, water-soluble ink stick pencils can be mixed with water to create colorful, fluid, ink-like effects. Once dry they will resemble Sumi ink brilliance, will not dissolve, and other media can be applied over the color to achieve the desired effect. This line also offers an insoluble outliner pencil to define border limits to drawings and to keep colors from bleeding together... more »
- Stabilo Woody PencilsThis chunky pencil functions as a coloured pencil, watercolour and wax crayon in one. Perfect for numerous techniques and endless imagination, the extra-thick, 10mm lead provides soft, rich strokes. Outstanding watercolour properties make it ideal for painting with. The highly pigmented lead is not prone to breakage. It exhibits high luminosity and color intensity even on dark papers. It can also write on smooth surfaces like glass... more »
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.
About Takapuna Art Supplies
Located in downtown Takapuna Beach on the North Shore, our store has been serving the local art community for more than twenty years. We are owned and operated by working, professional artists and have become the place where like minded creatives choose to gather, share and inspire.
We are the only art supply store in the greater Auckland area that has a working artists' studio on premises. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff are always happy, willing and able to demonstrate techniques and share tips on the use of various artist materials.
Our focus is to encourage the pursuit of personal artistic expression and to share our expertise and love for the visual arts.
- Jim Auckland & Sandy Collins