Faber-Castell 9000 Pencils
Since 1905, this top quality pencil with superior black leads, made of very finely ground graphite and clay, has been a favorite among artists, as well as for precision, technical drafting.
These pencils can be used for writing, drawing, and sketching — they are never scratchy.
Pencils are pre-sharpened, coated with water-based varnish, and have SV bonding for break-resistant leads. They are guaranteed to sharpen easily every time.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Watercolour 8mlCotman Water Colours are a range of watercolours that are made to Winsor & Newton's normal high quality standards but costs are kept to an economical level by replacing some of the more costly pigments with less expensive alternatives... more »
- Staedtler Lumograph PencilsPremium-quality pencil for writing, drawing and sketching on paper and matt drafting film, the wide range of degrees makes Lumograph the ideal tool for artists and graphic designers... more »
- DAS Spiral Sketchbooks60 sheets of acid-free 110gsm cartridge paper... more »
- Artists' TapeThese pH neutral paper tapes are for edging display boards, hanging presentation or blocking out and cropping artwork and photos. They accept all forms of writing media, such as pencil, marker or ballpoint pen, which makes them ideal for labeling artwork, film, cans, studio equipment, etc. Each size comes in a 60yard roll... more »
- TortillonsMore abrasive than stumps, tortillons are excellent for rapid, thin blending on pencil, charcoal or pastel drawings. Comprised of rolled paper, these single-ended, spiral-wound tools are easily sharpened with a sandpaper block. Each package contains six tortillons... more »
- Prismacolor Col-Erase PencilsThese strong, medium-point colored pencils erase easily and are perfect for illustration, animation and accounting notations. Hexagon shaped... more »
- Stabilo CarbOthello Pastel PencilsThese German-made pencils are world famous for their quality, lightfast pigments. Their opaque, water-soluble colors blend beautifully and erase easily. The large-diameter lead can make broad strokes or be sharpened to a fine point for details and lettering.Draw with CarbOthello pencils as you would draw with a pastel stick. CarbOthello pencils can also be used like watercolor pencils — they respond instantly to a wet brush or pre-dampened paper. Pencils have semi-soft leads in a woodcased pencil form and are pre-sharpened... more »
- Select BrushesA line of brushes for decorative artists. In addition to traditional shapes, the Select brush line features many unique brushes for the home décor and craft painter including filbert grainers, oval mops, lunar blenders, dagger strippers, deerfoots and chisel blenders... more »
- Fabriano Black Drawing BookDrawing hardcover book, 40 black sheets, 190 gsm. Acid free paper, cold press surface. Washable black hard cover, spiral bound. Ideal for pastel, coloured pencils, acrylic colours and scrapbooking... more »
- Alpha Series Premium SketchbooksThese hard-cover sketch books feature high performance paper that is pH neutral, lignin- and chloride-free and milled from pulp with an alpha cellulose content that exceeds 87%. The heavy-weight 100 lb. paper has a toothy, natural white vellum surface with superb erasure characteristics and is suitable for all dry media. With both internal and surface sizing, it will accept light washes as well. The covers are made with extra heavy-weight binders' board that is super tough and resistant to warpage. The hard-bound books contain 62 sheets and the wire-bound books have 50 sheets. Bound in the USA... more »
- General's Chalk PencilsPastel Chalk Pencils have a smooth, blendable formula for use in traditional fine arts, scrapbooks or memory books. They're perfect for lettering, outlining, stripes, borders, shading, accents, embellishments, roughing and aging effects. Pastel Chalk Pencils can be blended easily with a finger, paper stump, kneaded eraser, or tissue. For a dramatic effect, use them on a dark colored paper with a rough surface. Each acid-free pencil is encased in cedar wood and tipped with General's extra soft vinyl eraser. Pencils are pre-sharpened... more »
- Roma Plastilina Roma Plastilina is considered by many to be the world’s finest modeling material. It is permanently pliable. The soft is extremely pliable and is used for making large sculptures–it is easily scraped from molds. The medium grade (#2) is generally used for portrait heads, busts, and figure work. Medium grade is easy to work with and is the most popular consistency... more »
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.
About Takapuna Art Supplies
Located in downtown Takapuna Beach on the North Shore, our store has been serving the local art community for more than twenty years. We are owned and operated by working, professional artists and have become the place where like minded creatives choose to gather, share and inspire.
We are the only art supply store in the greater Auckland area that has a working artists' studio on premises. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff are always happy, willing and able to demonstrate techniques and share tips on the use of various artist materials.
Our focus is to encourage the pursuit of personal artistic expression and to share our expertise and love for the visual arts.
- Jim Auckland & Sandy Collins