Liquitex Clear Gesso 1 gallon (3.78Ltr)
This Clear Gesso makes an excellent high-tooth, stable surface for most media. It dries clear to translucent, depending on thickness. Flexible and non-yellowing when dry. Mix Liquitex Clear Gesso with acrylic paint to create a colored gesso.
- In stock:
- Out of Stock
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Coates Willow CharcoalFor over 30 years the Coate family in England has been producing a truly unique ultrafine quality art charcoal produced from willow grown at their planation. All charcoal is made of raw round burned rods in a natural diameter. All are very soft and velvet, producing deep black hues favoured by artists. Sticks are 5"(125mm) long sticks and vary in diameter because Coate's is a natural product... more »
- Tracing Paper 90gsm (single sheet)
- Strathmore Series 400 Toned Sketch PadsThis sketch paper has been toned specifically for use with light and dark media. The pads contain 80 lb. (118 gsm) medium-surface sketch paper appropriate for graphite, chalk, charcoal, sketching stick, marker, china marker, colored pencil, pen and white gel pen. The paper is 100% recycled and acid-free with kraft and bark fiber inclusions for visual interest. Each pad contains 24 sheets... more »
- GamsolGamsol is an excellent solvent for thinning Gamblin mediums and for general painting. It evaporates 100% and leaves no residue in paint layers. Gamsol is less toxic than other brands of OMS (Odorless Mineral Spirits), mineral spirits, or turpentine because the harmful aromatic solvent component has been removed. It's also useful for studio and brush cleanup.. Gamsol also enables printmakers to easily modify inks... more »
- Daler-Rowney Mediums
- Claybord Cradled 1.5 InchMuseum Series Claybord is made using 1/8" hardboard and features a kaolin clay ground formula that's archival and acid-free. The surface is sanded to an ultra-smooth, highly absorbant finish that allows paint colors to remain true and brilliant. Work into the surface by thinly applying paint or ink, then remove it, reapply it, even scratch through it to add contrast, texture and fine details. Clayboard can be used with inks, egg tempera, acrylics, collage, pencil, pen, airbrush, photo-transfers, casein, watercolor, gouache, mixed-media, and to mount papers, prints and fabrics. The cradled frames are made with premium grade 13-ply birch plywood for maximum stability and a clean, finished look from edge to edge. Made in the USA... more »
- R&F Pigment SticksPigment sticks are oil paints manufactured with enough wax for the paint to be molded into a stick form, allowing the painter to draw or paint directly onto a surface without brushes, palettes, paint tubes or solvents. These pigment sticks are made in small batches, carefully milled and molded using beeswax and natural plant wax, linseed oil and pigment, with no additives, extenders, substitutes or facilitators, allowing for a softer consistency and for greater film strength... more »
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.
About Takapuna Art Supplies
Located in downtown Takapuna Beach on the North Shore, our store has been serving the local art community for more than twenty years. We are owned and operated by working, professional artists and have become the place where like minded creatives choose to gather, share and inspire.
We are the only art supply store in the greater Auckland area that has a working artists' studio on premises. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff are always happy, willing and able to demonstrate techniques and share tips on the use of various artist materials.
Our focus is to encourage the pursuit of personal artistic expression and to share our expertise and love for the visual arts.
- Jim Auckland & Sandy Collins