Gamblin Oil Ground
This non-absorbent ground works like a traditional oil ground, leaving finished paintings brighter since the oil is left in the paint film instead of being absorbed. Two thin layers of Gamblin Ground equal four layers of acrylic gesso. Instead of linseed oil, Gamblin Ground is made with alkyd resin for increased flexibility and quicker dry time. Traditional linseed oil grounds need about six months to dry. Gamblin Ground is ready for paint application in a few days and may be used directly upon panels without sizing.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Art Spectrum Artist Oil 150mlArt Spectrum oil colours give the artist colours which are pure, brilliant and intense, and which remain that way. Only the very best pigments have been used and are stated on every tube... more »
- Taklon S9701 Round
- Taklon S9970 Dagger
- DAS S1068R Synthetic Round L/H
- RGM Large Palette KnifeMade with tempered stainless steel mirror blades and natural handles, these large painting spatulas have superior flexibility and quality. They can be used for mixing, moving and manipulating paint, for applying texture mediums for dimensional artwork and for texturizing paper-born artwork. Available in a variety of unique shapes to fit every artists’ needs.. ... more »
- Sponge Roller
- Fredrix Canvas PadsFredrix Canvas Pads contain genuine artist canvas, primed and ready for use with any medium.. Each pad contains 10 sheets. ... more »
- Heavy Duty StretchersMade from selected, kiln-dried plantation pine. This profile is especially suited for larger, unframed work. "Positive stop" corner for easy assembly. Slot and tenon corners.. Bracing slots are provided on all sizes from 30" and above. Single braces are recommended for stretchers 36" and over in one direction. Cross bracing is recommended for stretchers 36" and over in two directions.. Stretcher Bars are priced as pairs. 32mm depth... more »
- Masters Brush CleanerSafe brush cleaner that will not harm red sable or any type of bristle. For use with oil, acrylic or watercolor residues. All you need is water... more »
- Liquitex Free Style Paddle BrushesShorter length out of the ferrule allows for easy movement of thick color and mediums. These Paddle Brushes are useful for broad marks and edges, smudging and scumbling... more »
- Pentel GraphGear 500 Mechanical PencilsThe GraphGear series offers students and professionals automatic drafting pencils for technical drawing and general writing. The 500 series has a metallic mesh grip on a slim, beveled barrel with a 4mm fixed sleeve. It is available in .3mm (bronze barrel), .5mm (black barrel), .7mm (blue barrel) and .9mm (silver barrel) points... more »
- Neptune Synthetic Squirrel BrushesPrinceton has done it again. Almost 20 years ago, Princeton gave artists a synthetic version of sable that was almost the equal of fine Kolinsky and is still the standard for performance for its rivals. "When we set out to create a synthetic version of squirrel we developed a brush that may actually outperform the natural version. Neptune is our thirstiest brush ever delivering oceans of color to the sheet. Experts in natural hair have been incredulous that this is actually synthetic. We are proud to offer Neptune in a beautiful range of shapes including mottlers and quills. The beautiful sea glass handles of our aquarelle brushes are the signature of the line."... more »
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.
About Takapuna Art Supplies
When we purchased Takapuna Art Supplies in April 2007 our intention was to make new friends and create an environment where professional and casual artists can purchase quality supplies and receive expert service and advice. Now, our most frequent comment from customers is, "what an artist's treasure-trove!" In February 2009 we added our tasart online store and we are now giving the same service, advice and selection to artists all over New Zealand. We stock over 17 thousand products and offer over 100 brand names and we continue to grow monthly with new product additions, tutorials and consumer information.
As fellow artists, we want every customer who walks into our shop or who shops on our online store, to be treated to a Smorgasbord of brand names from which they can choose. We are proud to say that we do not own the agency for any of the brands carried in our stores and, therefore, our customers can be confident that the product advice given by us is expert, sincerely informative and not tainted by conflicting profit guided prejudice. We purchase our supplies exclusively from reputable wholesalers and sell our stock at or below the manufacturer’s recommended resale price. Learn more about us...