Gamblin Painting Mediums Cold Wax Medium 4oz
A soft paste formulated to knife consistency, Gamblin Cold Wax Medium is made from naturally white unbleached beeswax, alkyd resin, and odorless mineral spirits (OMS), and is used to make oil colors thicker and more matte. It can be thinned to brush consistency by dissolving it in a small amount of OMS. The surface of paintings made with beeswax mediums will become only as hard as a beeswax candle.
Adding Gamblin Galkyd to Cold Wax Medium/oil colors mix will increase the sheen and flexibility of the paint film. Use a small amount to make Galkyd Mediums more matte. Cold Wax Medium contains no oil, so it can be applied as a wax varnish over a dry oil painting.
- Refined Linseed Oil 250ml$23.10
- Refined Linseed Oil 4.2oz$15.50Out of Stock
- Refined Linseed Oil 500ml$37.95
- Cold Pressed Linseed 8oz$39.95
- Stand Oil 8oz$23.20
- Poppy Oil 8oz$45.30
- Galkyd Slow Dry 8oz$33.20
- Galkyd Medium #1 8oz$33.20
- Galkyd Medium #1 16oz$54.10
- Galkyd Lite 8oz$33.10
- Galkyd Lite 16oz$54.10
- Galkyd Gel 150ml$34.80
- Neo Megilp 8oz$33.20
- Neo Megilp 16oz$53.95
- Cold Wax Medium 4oz$16.60
- Cold Wax Medium 16oz$40.95
- Cold Wax Medium 128oz$220.00
- Safflower Oil 8oz$20.95
- Safflower Oil 16oz$34.10Out of Stock
- Solvent-Free Fluid 8oz$32.95
- Solvent-Free Gel 37ml$11.40
- Solvent-Free Gel 150ml$34.80
- Refined Linseed Oil 1Ltr$57.20
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Art Spectrum Artist Oil 40mlArt Spectrum oil colours give the artist colours which are pure, brilliant and intense, and which remain that way. Only the very best pigments have been used and are stated on every tube... more »
- Winsor & Newton Griffin Alkyd 37ml
$21.80$17.44Griffin Alkyd Fast Drying Oil Colour is a genuine oil colour made from pigment and oil modified alkyd resin which can be thinned using conventional oil colour solvents... more »
- Winsor & Newton Artist Oil 37mlWinsor & Newton uses only the purest of pigments in the manufacture of its Artists' Oil Color line, ensuring the cleanest, brightest colors, which in turn produce the best color mixtures. Maximum quality control throughout all stages of production, plus the selection of the most suitable drying oils and pigment dispersion methods, ensure that each color's properties are preserved... more »
- Winsor & Newton Artisan 200mlWinsor & Newton Artisan is a genuine oil colour which avoids conventional solvents and cleans up with water... more »
- Winsor & Newton Winton Oil 200ml$50.80Winsor & Newton Winton is a traditional range of oil colours, made from moderately priced pigments, formulated for student and amateur artists... more »
- Winsor & Newton Winton Oil 37ml
$14.95$11.96Winsor & Newton Winton is a traditional range of oil colours, made from moderately priced pigments, formulated for student and amateur artists... more »
- PanPastelsPanPastel Colors are genuine artists’ quality pastels, uniquely packed in a pan format; available in a range of 80 colors.PanPastel Colors were developed so that artists can easily lift, apply and control pastel color, just like true painting! The pan format holds the color like paint for easy application. Loaded with the highest quality artists’ pigments; PanPastel Colors are made using a unique manufacturing process requiring minimal binder and fillers, resulting in a rich, ultra soft and low dust formulation. All of these professional quality colors are highly pigmented, have excellent lightfastness and are fully erasable. Each pan contains 35%* more material than the average pastel stick. PanPastel Colors are fully compatible with traditional pastel sticks, pastel surfaces, con... more »
- DAS 1.5" Professional Heavy Duty Canvas
- Liquitex Clear GessoThis Clear Gesso makes an excellent high-tooth, stable surface for most media. It dries clear to translucent, depending on thickness. Flexible and non-yellowing when dry. Mix Liquitex Clear Gesso with acrylic paint to create a colored gesso... more »
- Coates Willow CharcoalFor over 30 years the Coate family in England has been producing a truly unique ultrafine quality art charcoal produced from willow grown at their planation. All charcoal is made of raw round burned rods in a natural diameter. All are very soft and velvet, producing deep black hues favoured by artists. Sticks are 5"(125mm) long sticks and vary in diameter because Coate's is a natural product... more »
- Art Spectrum Hand & Brush Cleaner
- DAS S3011 Squirrel Mop
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.
About Takapuna Art Supplies
Located in downtown Takapuna Beach on the North Shore, our store has been serving the local art community for more than twenty years. We are owned and operated by working, professional artists and have become the place where like minded creatives choose to gather, share and inspire.
We are the only art supply store in the greater Auckland area that has a working artists' studio on premises. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff are always happy, willing and able to demonstrate techniques and share tips on the use of various artist materials.
Our focus is to encourage the pursuit of personal artistic expression and to share our expertise and love for the visual arts.
- Jim Auckland & Sandy Collins