This bright white paper was designed to accentuate contrast and allows colours to "POP". The 1557 name pays homage to the year that the Montgolfier family founded Canson. This great classic is favoured among both professional and amateur artist who appreciate its light grain. Under this paper's rather simplicity is a rather sophisticated and technical paper. The paper's grain is neither too smooth nor too prominent. which gives il a neutral and subtle surface which is ideal for sketching and drawing with dry media. Canson 1557 paper is ideal for use with all kinds of graphite for it retains pigments well and allows for unlimited shading and gradation. Canson 1557 is made with mass and surface sizing giving il a remarkably resistant quality that is resistant to repeated erasing. The Canson 1557 range is sold in sheets or in rolls, under the name of Dessin JA.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Canson Edition 250gsm 560 x 760Canson Edition is 100% cotton and complies with the ISO 9706 standard on permanence, a guarantee of optimal conservation. It has the advantage of having a different texture on its two sides, one smooth, the other fine grain. A versatile product, this art paper is ideal for drawing and traditional art printing techniques... more »
- General's Woodless Graphite PencilsAll-Art Pure Woodless Graphite, Black Finish, Pre-Shaped. General's extra smooth, pure woodless graphite is made with the highest quality graphite to ensure success in your fine art drawing. It is the perfect drawing tool to use because of its versatility. Utilize the tip of the pencil to create detail lines or work off the side of the pencil to create bold stroke marks... more »
- Stonehenge SheetsStonehenge rivals European mould made papers with its ability to produce excellent results in a variety of printmaking techniques. In addition to intaglio and silkscreening, Stonehenge works well with colored pencil, charcoal, pastels and watercolors. Machine made in the USA of 100% cotton, neutral pH, two natural deckles and two cut edges. Papers measure: 22" x 30" 250gsm. minimum order, 3 sheets assorted... more »
- Canson "C" à grainCanson "C" à grain paper is ideal for drawing thanks to its fine grain, that is neither too smooth nor too prominent, allowing both effects of relief and a delicately balanced result. Manufactured using only alpha cellulose, it contains absolutely no lignin which might result in yellowing of the paper over time. This naturally white paper, with no optical brightness additives, acid-free and permanent, meets all the requirements of the ISO 9706 standard. It is stock and surface-sized, enabling it to withstand repeated erasing or scraping without flaking. An all-round paper it is suitable for all dry techniques and certain wet techniques such as ink and gouache... more »
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.
About Takapuna Art Supplies
Located in downtown Takapuna Beach on the North Shore, our store has been serving the local art community for more than twenty years. We are owned and operated by working, professional artists and have become the place where like minded creatives choose to gather, share and inspire.
We are the only art supply store in the greater Auckland area that has a working artists' studio on premises. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff are always happy, willing and able to demonstrate techniques and share tips on the use of various artist materials.
Our focus is to encourage the pursuit of personal artistic expression and to share our expertise and love for the visual arts.
- Jim Auckland & Sandy Collins