- Kozo Sumi Roll$49.50Out of StockThis 60 foot roll of plain Kozo paper is 11" wide and is designed for use in Sumi-e, calligraphy and paper crafts.
- Yuzen Umbrellas$19.95Out of StockSilkscreened "umbrellas" in black, grey, white and gold creates a stunning geometric element.
25" x 38", 38gsm
- Yuzen Red Wave$19.95Silkscreened in retro colors in a linear wave pattern.
25" x 38", 38gsm
- Melange$13.80Out of StockSymbolizing the colors of the Japanese season of winter, this subtle looped pattern appears printed, but is far more complex. The pattern is created from dyed strands of Mitsumata, a shrub that is cultivated in Japan, Korea and China. These thin, lustrous colored fiber strands are placed on top of a wood pulp base paper and then married together using a machine process. Not only is this a beautiful paper, but also a fairly durable one, as mitsumata is also one of the materials used to make Japanese money. The mitsumata shrub is a member of the Daphne family, and regenerates itself every three years, making this an eco-friendly paper as well.
21" x 30" 80gsm, Machine Made, Acid Free
- Ogura Lace$13.40Strong, durable lace made of hemp fiber.2 items
21" x 31" 27gsm, Machine Made, Acid Free
- White Unryu with Gold/Silver flecks$7.95'An elegant, translucent paper with long, white fibrous strands and faux gold and silver leaf flecks floating throughout. This paper is perfect for adding a "touch of class" to a plain black and white invitation, with it's beautiful sheer quality. Simply wrap around the flat card invitation and secure with a gold or silver seal, embellishment, or ribbon. Also gorgeous for use as tissue in a special gift bag or box. A favorite for collage paper artisans seeking the options that this Japanese paper offers, such as chin colle'.
25" x 37" 20gsm, Machine Made
- Hosho Paper Pad 18 x 24$40.40Hosho paper is a machine-made, high grade Kozo paper well suited for sumi painting and brush calligraphy. Each pad contains 48 sheets of white Hosho paper.
- Unryo Sumi Roll$47.80Out of StockBeautiful Japanese imported oriental paper. Used for ink & brush work, watercolor, sketching, etc. 11" x 60 feet.
- Tengucho$4.50Out of StockA tissue weight, translucent, acid-free sheets made from Kozo. Tengucho is primarily used for document repair and restoration, interleaving and the wrapping of precious objects. 9gsm. 485 x 640
- Silk Tissue$9.00Out of StockSilk Tissue contains 90% Gampi fibre. It has a silky feel, is semi transparent and surprisingly strong for its weight. As a repair tissue it is invaluable for paper repair and restoration work. It is also commonly used in balsa model airplane construction. 10gsm. 460 x 610
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.