Strathmore Visual Journals
These journals deliver high-performing papers and heavy-duty features engineered to meet the intense demands of the artist’s creative process. They offer a full range of acid-free paper types and weights and have heavy-duty covers with a wire binding that is thicker and stronger than traditional wire. The binding allows the journal to lie flat and open up 360 degrees. The Bristol Journals contain 100 lb. paper (28 sheets per smooth finish journal and 24 sheets per vellum finish journal) ideal for dry media including pencil, pen, ink and marker. Great for pencil, charcoal, colored pencil, pastel, marker, pen, and light mix-media techniques, the Drawing Journals include 42 sheets of medium-tooth 100 lb. paper. The Mixed-Media Journals contain 34 sheets of vellum-finish 51 lb. paper that is great for wet and dry media including watercolor, acrylic, pen, ink, pencil, crayon, charcoal, marker and collage. The Watercolor Journals include cold press paper (34 sheets per 90 lb. cold press journal and 22 sheets per 140 lb. cold press journal) ideal for watercolor acrylic and collage and is also good for dry media including pencil, pen, ink and marker.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Derwent Drawing PencilsThis is drawing at its most natural, both in the exquisite colour range and the creative potential of this unique and rewarding pencil. Drawing has an extra wide, creamy textured strip which produces a beautifully soft, velvety finish. It is the perfect medium for wildlife and nature studies, natural portraiture and dreamy, evocative landscapes. Drawing is available in 24 subtle shades, including a wide selection of traditional sepia tones together with soft neutral greys, greens, blues and creams... more »
- Faber-Castell Pitt Artist PensPitt Artist Pens have several special features. Pitt Artist Pens come in sets of four featuring your choice of color - black, sepia, or sanguine - and with a choice of four line widths: superfine, fine, medium and brush point. These pens feature very light-fast drawing ink that is permanent when dry. They allow rapid and spontaneous drawing, and are ideal for studies and sketches. The line of Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pens also includes many colored brush tip markers. These pens have high-quality pigments and the ink is both waterproof and very light-fast. The flexible point is especially suitable for drawings and plans, lettering, layout work, and many similar uses... more »
- Faber-Castell Artist Crayons
- Derwent Coloursoft$4.30The softest of pencils but in an amazingly strong and vibrant range of colours. The velvety softness of the strip releases rich, dense colour at a stroke and is perfect for mixing and blending. Despite its soft texture, Coloursoft sharpens to a fine point and works equally well for detailed illustrations or bold, contemporary still-life drawings and portraiture. Available in a range of 72 dazzling colours, all with that gorgeous, consistently soft texture... more »
- Faber-Castell Polychromos Pencil SetsPolychromo artists' colour pencils are valued for their peerless quality by professional artists around the world. Their high standard ensures that Polychromos artists' colour pencils are ideal for use in the graphic arts, for free artistic expression, and for the precise colouring of plans... more »
- Faber-Castell Polychromos PencilsPolychromo artists' colour pencils are valued for their peerless quality by professional artists around the world. Their high standard ensures that Polychromos artists' colour pencils are ideal for use in the graphic arts, for free artistic expression, and for the precise colouring of plans... more »
- Faber-Castell Albrecht Durer Watercolour PencilsAlbercht Durer artists' watercolour pencils provide artists with great versatility of expression when drawing, shading and painting in watercolours. High quality materials, combined with Faber-Castell's experience, have resulted in pencils that produce unsurpassed watercolour effects... more »
- DAS Spiral Sketchbooks60 sheets of acid-free 110gsm cartridge paper... more »
- Conte Crayons
- Caran d'Ache Neocolor II Watersoluble Crayons
- Prismacolor Premier Thick Core Pencil SetsThese pencil sets are featured in collectible packaging that showcases the distinctive works of featured artists. Each has captured their signature style using Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils... more »
- Faber-Castell Watercolour Albrecht Durer Pencil Sets
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.
About Takapuna Art Supplies
Located in downtown Takapuna Beach on the North Shore, our store has been serving the local art community for more than twenty years. We are owned and operated by working, professional artists and have become the place where like minded creatives choose to gather, share and inspire.
We are the only art supply store in the greater Auckland area that has a working artists' studio on premises. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff are always happy, willing and able to demonstrate techniques and share tips on the use of various artist materials.
Our focus is to encourage the pursuit of personal artistic expression and to share our expertise and love for the visual arts.
- Jim Auckland & Sandy Collins