Jacquard Acid Dyes
Acid dyes are used to color silk and wool and other protein fibers (as well as some nylons), and nothing does it better! Extremely brilliant and colorfast, Jacquard Acid Dyes are highly concentrated, powdered hot water dyes that produce level, uniform color when immersion dyeing. They exhaust extremely well and won’t bleed or fade with washing. Of all the colorants in the world, acid dyes are known to produce the most vibrant colors of all, and Jacquard’s palette is unsurpassed both for quality and intensity.
Don’t be alarmed by the name–the only acid involved is the white vinegar or citric acid that you add to the dye bath.
In addition to yarn, fiber and fabric dyeing, Jacquard Acid Dyes may also be used for direct painting or printing applications, using steam setting.
- 0.5oz Ecru$9.80
- 0.5oz Jet Black 639$9.80Out of Stock
- 0.5oz Hot Fuschia 620$9.80
- 0.5oz Emerald 629$9.80
- 0.5oz Silver 638$9.80
- 0.5oz Chartreuse 628$9.80
- 0.5oz Sun Yellow 601$9.80
- 0.5oz Burnt Orange 604$9.80
- 0.5oz Pumpkin Orange 605$9.80
- 0.5oz Salmon 607$9.80
- 0.5oz Vermillion 611$9.80
- 0.5oz Violet 614$9.80
- 0.5oz Periwinkle 615$9.80
- 0.5oz Russet 616$9.80
- 0.5oz Cherry Red$9.80
- 0.5oz Fire Red 618$9.80
- 0.5oz Crimson 619$9.80
- 0.5oz Sky Blue 621$9.80
- 0.5oz Sapphire Blue 622$9.80
- 0.5oz Turquoise 624$9.80
- 0.5oz Royal Blue 625$9.80
- 0.5oz Spruce 630$9.80
- 0.5oz Chestnut 632$9.80
- 0.5oz Gun Metal 637$9.80
- 0.5oz Bright Yellow 602$9.80
- 0.5oz Golden Yellow 603$9.80
- 0.5oz Deep Orange 606$9.80
- 0.5oz Pink 608$9.80
- 0.5oz Scarlet 609$9.80
- 0.5oz Burgundy 610$9.80
- 0.5oz Lilac 612$9.80
- 0.5oz Purple 613$9.80
- 0.5oz Brilliant Blue 623$9.80
- 0.5oz Navy Blue 626$9.80
- 0.5oz Brilliant Kelly Green$9.80
- 0.5oz Teal 631$9.80
- 0.5oz Aztec Gold 633$9.80
- 0.5oz Olive 634$9.80
- 0.5oz Brown 635$9.80
- 0.5oz Gold Ochre 636$9.80
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Poly Foam Brush
- Jovi Air-Drying Modelling ClayJovi's super-soft modelling clay stays soft, in an air tight plastic bag, and hardens when exposed to the air. Once dried, it can be painted with watercolor, tempera or acrylics and then varnished. Jovi is available in 500gm and 1kg packages in white or terra-cotta. ... more »
- Elmers PaintersDecorate almost any surface with these colorful, easy to use markers -everything from wood to walls, from plastic to cloth. Available in different nib sizes for a variety of marking abilities, they also come in brilliant colors including metallic. They are non-toxic and provide quick and easy no-mess coverage... more »
- Procion MX Fiber Reactive DyesProcion is a concentrated powdered dye which, when added to water, produces exceptionally brilliant color. The dyes are intermixable, and the resulting colors are permanent, colorfast and completely washable. It is ideal for all natural materials such as cotton, rayon, linen, silk, wool, paper, reeds and wood. Plus, it can be used for a variety of applications including tie-dyeing, vat dyeing, batik, airbrush, hand painting, printing and spatter painting. Available in 2/3 oz. jars. Generally, one jar can dye more than five yards of fabric– about nine T-shirts... more »
- Jacquard iDyeDyeing fabric in a washing machine has never been easier. iDye comes in a 14 g. packet that dissolves in water which means there is no handling of messy dye powders. Just throw the dye packet in, add salt or vinegar and run through the wash cycle. It is the ultimate easy way to get gorgeous color! Each packet will dye two to three pounds of fabric. Available in a variety of vibrant colors and two formulas; one for 100% natural fabrics and the other for synthetics... more »
- Jacquard Basic Dyes$9.80The perfect solution for hard-to-dye materials. Developed for acrylic fibers (e.g. faux fur, wigs and inexpensive yarn), these dyes are also the go-to for wood, reeds, straw, paper, leather and hemp! Use them for potpourri, dolls, buttons and furniture, or add to Piñata Claro Extender for custom alcohol ink colors.. ... more »
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.
About Takapuna Art Supplies
Located in downtown Takapuna Beach on the North Shore, our store has been serving the local art community for more than twenty years. We are owned and operated by working, professional artists and have become the place where like minded creatives choose to gather, share and inspire.
We are the only art supply store in the greater Auckland area that has a working artists' studio on premises. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff are always happy, willing and able to demonstrate techniques and share tips on the use of various artist materials.
Our focus is to encourage the pursuit of personal artistic expression and to share our expertise and love for the visual arts.
- Jim Auckland & Sandy Collins