Gamblin Painting Mediums Cold Pressed Linseed 8oz
Gamblin's Cold Pressed Linseed Oil is pressed from flax seeds in Canada without using heat or chemicals of any kind.
Use linseed oil to thin oil colors and increase their brilliance and transparency. Linseed oil increases the tendency of white and lighter colors to yellow over time. AP non-toxic.
- Refined Linseed Oil 250ml$23.10
- Refined Linseed Oil 4.2oz$15.50Out of Stock
- Refined Linseed Oil 500ml$37.95
- Cold Pressed Linseed 8oz$39.95
- Stand Oil 8oz$23.20
- Poppy Oil 8oz$45.30
- Galkyd Slow Dry 8oz$33.20
- Galkyd Medium #1 8oz$33.10
- Galkyd Medium #1 16oz$54.10
- Galkyd Lite 8oz$33.10
- Galkyd Lite 16oz$54.10
- Galkyd Gel 150ml$34.80
- Neo Megilp 8oz$33.20
- Neo Megilp 16oz$53.95
- Cold Wax Medium 4oz$16.60
- Cold Wax Medium 16oz$40.95
- Cold Wax Medium 128oz$220.00
- Safflower Oil 8oz$20.95
- Safflower Oil 16oz$34.10Out of Stock
- Solvent-Free Fluid 8oz$32.95
- Solvent-Free Gel 37ml$11.40
- Solvent-Free Gel 150ml$34.80
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Winsor & Newton Artist Oil 37mlWinsor & Newton uses only the purest of pigments in the manufacture of its Artists' Oil Color line, ensuring the cleanest, brightest colors, which in turn produce the best color mixtures. Maximum quality control throughout all stages of production, plus the selection of the most suitable drying oils and pigment dispersion methods, ensure that each color's properties are preserved... more »
- Catalyst Silicone Wedges$20.20Designed for use with heavy-bodied paints, these wedges are made of engineered silicone and are ergonomically designed to fit in the hand allowing a direct interaction with art work. They are ideal for oils, acrylics and water-miscible oils, and because they are heat-resistant, they excel at encaustics as well. They also work well with plaster, clay and even frosting. Made of FDA-approved silicone, they are also are great for food crafting. The silicone is easy to wipe clean and is solvent resistant. Clean up in most cases can be done with mild soap and water. Dried paint can be peeled off the silicone surface... more »
- Gamblin Artist Oil Colors 37mlGamblin Artist's Oil Colors are crafted by hand with the well-being of artists, their work, and the environment in mind. True to historic working properties, yet safer and more permanent, they combine the best traditions of the past with the latest technical innovations, giving you the freedom to create without compromise... more »
- GamsolGamsol is an excellent solvent for thinning Gamblin mediums and for general painting. It evaporates 100% and leaves no residue in paint layers. Gamsol is less toxic than other brands of OMS (Odorless Mineral Spirits), mineral spirits, or turpentine because the harmful aromatic solvent component has been removed. It's also useful for studio and brush cleanup.. Gamsol also enables printmakers to easily modify inks... more »
- Gamblin 1980 Oil Colors 37mlGamblin 1980 Oil Colors are made with the same dedication and pure pigments that go into our Artist's Oils. In addition, Gamblin uses the same process of mixing, milling, filling, and hand labeling. In order to reduce the cost of oil colors, some manufacturers use gels and waxes to stiffen colors and replace traditional pigments with less expensive ones. Gamblin's approach is different. 1980 colors are formulated with pure pigments, the finest refined linseed oil and marble dust (calcium carbonate). More affordable colors have been made with these three ingredients since oil painting began. With 1980 colors, artists experience colors that are true, without homogenized texture or muddy color mixtures. Gamblin's approach of using both traditional raw materials and processes ensures... more »
- R&F Pigment SticksPigment sticks are oil paints manufactured with enough wax for the paint to be molded into a stick form, allowing the painter to draw or paint directly onto a surface without brushes, palettes, paint tubes or solvents. These pigment sticks are made in small batches, carefully milled and molded using beeswax and natural plant wax, linseed oil and pigment, with no additives, extenders, substitutes or facilitators, allowing for a softer consistency and for greater film strength... more »
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.
About Takapuna Art Supplies
Located in downtown Takapuna Beach on the North Shore, our store has been serving the local art community for more than twenty years. We are owned and operated by working, professional artists and have become the place where like minded creatives choose to gather, share and inspire.
We are the only art supply store in the greater Auckland area that has a working artists' studio on premises. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff are always happy, willing and able to demonstrate techniques and share tips on the use of various artist materials.
Our focus is to encourage the pursuit of personal artistic expression and to share our expertise and love for the visual arts.
- Jim Auckland & Sandy Collins