Pastelmat Sheets 500 x 700
The pastel adheres so well to this new paper that you don't need to use a fixative between each layer. You are able to multiply the layers without a saturation effect. Pastelmat brings new opportunities for pastel artists, offering a coarser surface than velour but a softer surface than sand paper. Rub out or wet the paper, the Pastelmat keeps its original properties. 360gsm
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Art Spectrum Artist Oil 40mlArt Spectrum oil colours give the artist colours which are pure, brilliant and intense, and which remain that way. Only the very best pigments have been used and are stated on every tube... more »
- Art Spectrum Soft PastelsArt Spectrum Soft Pastels provide the artist with colours that are pure, brilliant and intense, and remain that way. The very best pigments are selected and triple milled at maximum concentration to bring out the finest colour and provide the rich, velvety bloom valued by pastellists. This method of production produces smouldering darks, brilliant and intense pure colours and a range of subtle and delicate tints. All Art Spectrum pure pigment pastels are free from heavy metals, asbestos or other toxic substances... more »
- Derwent Drawing PencilsThis is drawing at its most natural, both in the exquisite colour range and the creative potential of this unique and rewarding pencil. Drawing has an extra wide, creamy textured strip which produces a beautifully soft, velvety finish. It is the perfect medium for wildlife and nature studies, natural portraiture and dreamy, evocative landscapes. Drawing is available in 24 subtle shades, including a wide selection of traditional sepia tones together with soft neutral greys, greens, blues and creams... more »
- Faber-Castell Pitt Artist PensPitt Artist Pens have several special features. Pitt Artist Pens come in sets of four featuring your choice of color - black, sepia, or sanguine - and with a choice of four line widths: superfine, fine, medium and brush point. These pens feature very light-fast drawing ink that is permanent when dry. They allow rapid and spontaneous drawing, and are ideal for studies and sketches. The line of Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pens also includes many colored brush tip markers. These pens have high-quality pigments and the ink is both waterproof and very light-fast. The flexible point is especially suitable for drawings and plans, lettering, layout work, and many similar uses... more »
- Faber-Castell Compressed Charcoal
- PanPastelsPanPastel Colors are genuine artists’ quality pastels, uniquely packed in a pan format; available in a range of 80 colors.PanPastel Colors were developed so that artists can easily lift, apply and control pastel color, just like true painting! The pan format holds the color like paint for easy application. Loaded with the highest quality artists’ pigments; PanPastel Colors are made using a unique manufacturing process requiring minimal binder and fillers, resulting in a rich, ultra soft and low dust formulation. All of these professional quality colors are highly pigmented, have excellent lightfastness and are fully erasable. Each pan contains 35%* more material than the average pastel stick. PanPastel Colors are fully compatible with traditional pastel sticks, pastel surfaces, con... more »
- Fabriano Artistico 560 x 760 300gm Trad White HP$17.45932735A classic white paper used by artists for centuries, this natural warm white sheet is achieved without the use of optical brighteners. Papers are synthetically sized both internally and externally so that no animal by-products are used. Fabriano's Artistico papers are mould-made of 100% cotton and are acid-free/pH neutral and chlorine-free... more »
- Canson MontvalCanson Montval watercolour paper has a great erasability. The essential key for this high quality watercolour paper is this ability to easily make corrections. This paper allows corrections even using a simple brush stoke. Canson Montval was designed by the famous painter Gaspard Maillol in the early 20th century and made on a Foundrinier machine. Canson Montval is "THE" paper when it comes to watercolour, however it can also be used with other wet techniques such as gouache or acrylic. This beautiful cold pressed surface allows for multiple reliefs and effects. Delicate shade, cold pressed, snowy grain, numerous qualities make this paper a classic "Must Have" among the Canson family of products... more »
- Colourfix 500 x 700Lightfast, permanent Colourfix paper is an acid-free, 300gsm (140lb.) smooth watercolour paper coated with Art Spectrum Colourfix Primer, a tooth, acrylic based primer that holds multiple layers of pastel without the need for fixative.. Colourfix paper is tough; it can withstand scrubbing, soaking, erasure, in fact all manner of artistic 'punishment'... more »
- Matisse Background Colour 250mlA highly pigmented "low tooth" gesso.. Build your art on a strong foundation. Matisse Background Colours are all-purpose pure acrylic that can be applied to almost any surface.. ... more »
- Gioconda Pastel PencilGioconda Soft Pastel Pencils offer the smooth finish of conventional pastels without the mess. They are highly pigmented, with a buttery smooth feel, and have excellent blending and toning characteristics on dark or light surfaces. All colors are lightfast and fade resistant. ... more »
- Derwent Pastel Pencil Sets
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.
About Takapuna Art Supplies
Located in downtown Takapuna Beach on the North Shore, our store has been serving the local art community for more than twenty years. We are owned and operated by working, professional artists and have become the place where like minded creatives choose to gather, share and inspire.
We are the only art supply store in the greater Auckland area that has a working artists' studio on premises. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff are always happy, willing and able to demonstrate techniques and share tips on the use of various artist materials.
Our focus is to encourage the pursuit of personal artistic expression and to share our expertise and love for the visual arts.
- Jim Auckland & Sandy Collins