Paper Stumps & Tortillons Assorted Pack
Double-ended, pointed and made from soft, gray paper felt, stumps are excellent for blending and smoothing pastels, charcoal, graphite or any other dry media. More abrasive than stumps, the tortillons are excellent for rapid, thin blending on pencil, charcoal or pastel drawings. They are comprised of spiral-wound rolled paper and are single-ended. Both are easily sharpened with a sandpaper block. This 10-piece set includes six tortillons and four stumps in mixed sizes.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Colourfix 500 x 700Lightfast, permanent Colourfix paper is an acid-free, 300gsm (140lb.) smooth watercolour paper coated with Art Spectrum Colourfix Primer, a tooth, acrylic based primer that holds multiple layers of pastel without the need for fixative.. Colourfix paper is tough; it can withstand scrubbing, soaking, erasure, in fact all manner of artistic 'punishment'... more »
- DAS S1068Fr Synthetic Filbert L/H
- Conte Crayons
- PanPastel Sofft ApplicatorsCreated for PanPastel applications and techniques, these applicators are reusable. Load the sponges with color and gently apply to the surface, varying pressure to change the effect. Use the edges for lines and details. Easy to clean for reuse... more »
- TortillonsMore abrasive than stumps, tortillons are excellent for rapid, thin blending on pencil, charcoal or pastel drawings. Comprised of rolled paper, these single-ended, spiral-wound tools are easily sharpened with a sandpaper block. Each package contains six tortillons... more »
- Stabilo CarbOthello Pastel PencilsThese German-made pencils are world famous for their quality, lightfast pigments. Their opaque, water-soluble colors blend beautifully and erase easily. The large-diameter lead can make broad strokes or be sharpened to a fine point for details and lettering.Draw with CarbOthello pencils as you would draw with a pastel stick. CarbOthello pencils can also be used like watercolor pencils — they respond instantly to a wet brush or pre-dampened paper. Pencils have semi-soft leads in a woodcased pencil form and are pre-sharpened... more »
- General's Charcoal Pencils
- Strathmore Series 400 Toned Sketch PadsThis sketch paper has been toned specifically for use with light and dark media. The pads contain 80 lb. (118 gsm) medium-surface sketch paper appropriate for graphite, chalk, charcoal, sketching stick, marker, china marker, colored pencil, pen and white gel pen. The paper is 100% recycled and acid-free with kraft and bark fiber inclusions for visual interest. Each pad contains 24 sheets... more »
- GamsolGamsol is an excellent solvent for thinning Gamblin mediums and for general painting. It evaporates 100% and leaves no residue in paint layers. Gamsol is less toxic than other brands of OMS (Odorless Mineral Spirits), mineral spirits, or turpentine because the harmful aromatic solvent component has been removed. It's also useful for studio and brush cleanup.. Gamsol also enables printmakers to easily modify inks... more »
- Mono Zero Elastomer ErasersProtect artwork and erase in detail with these quality, precision erasers in a pen-style holder. The erasers will not damage paper. The eraser advances by clicking the other end of the pen-style holder. The holder includes a convenient clip for erasing on the go. The round eraser is 2.3mm in diameter and the rectangular eraser has a 2.5mm diameter... more »
- Faber-Castell Pitt Pastel Pencils$3.80PITT artists' pastel pencils, with their oil-free pastel leads, are used by artists not only as the perfect complement to pastel crayons for elaborating fine details, but also on their own. Many artists who enjoy pastel techniques and their versatility, but not the dirty hands and coloured dust that accompany them, have opted to use these special pencils. PITT pastel pencils have a very compact lead which is economical to use. The lead contains a high level of pigment, making the pencils ideally suited both to drawing lines and shading, as well as blending and merging into delicate colour transitions. The colour selection in this range places a particular emphasis on the muted shades and earth tones that are especially important for pastel drawing... more »
- Caran d'Ache Supracolor Soft AquarelleSupracolor Soft Aquarelle pencils offer a huge range of water-soluble colour leads in 120 finely nuanced shades. Designed for every creative profession, the Supracolor Soft range offers a wide variety of applications thanks to intensely luminous colours and excellent covering power. While designed for large, broad works, the soft, large-diameter 3.8 mm leads are nevertheless extremely robust and display exemplary lightfastness, while their colour opacity and pigment quality ensures long-lasting use. Pencil drawings can thus be faded out, blended with fingertips, textured by rubbing the lead on a piece of sandpaper or used as watercolours. The body of the pencils is completely varnished and sheathed in a glossy colour corresponding to the colour of the lead. Supracolor Soft pencils... more »
How to buy
Note: we do not deliver outside New Zealand.
Enter the quantity and click "add to cart". When you are ready to pay for your order proceed to checkout. Payment is made by credit card on a secure server using Paypal or Payment Express. Alternatively you may pay by "bank deposit" or by phone on 09 489 7213.
Our delivery rates are:
- Prepaid A4 Satchel (nationwide): $5 per order †
- Local (Auckland): $5.50 per order *
- Local Towns (within 150kms): $7.50 per order *
- Rest of North Island: $9.30 per order *
- South Island and Great Barrier: $10.40 per order *
† Prepaid Satchel is available for some smaller items that will fit into an A4 envelope. Please do not select the satchel option if your goods are breakable, easily damaged or flammable.
* Oversized items may be charged an additional amount - once you have selected the items you need proceed to checkout to see the exact costs.
Rural delivery fee $3.30 per order
For privacy, returns and security policies please read our policies page.
About Takapuna Art Supplies
Located in downtown Takapuna Beach on the North Shore, our store has been serving the local art community for more than twenty years. We are owned and operated by working, professional artists and have become the place where like minded creatives choose to gather, share and inspire.
We are the only art supply store in the greater Auckland area that has a working artists' studio on premises. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff are always happy, willing and able to demonstrate techniques and share tips on the use of various artist materials.
Our focus is to encourage the pursuit of personal artistic expression and to share our expertise and love for the visual arts.
- Jim Auckland & Sandy Collins